Followers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

What a Beautiful Day!!!!

What a beautiful day has been... it is on the cooler side... the sun is out... and not quite fall weather... but starting to feel like it... the trees are starting to get a little yellow on their leaves.. and the squirells are going crazy for anything they can find to store... We went up the mountain today to go food shopping and replenish some stock and when leaving our 'road' we saw a mother turkey and 9 babies.. wow ... so cute... they didn't know what our car was... but they hurried past it... and ran to Mama..  The yellow flowers that sort of look like a sunchoke or daisy... are all in bloom... millions upon millions of them all along the roads... they are so very pretty... the purple flowers will be popping soon... so pretty when the wild flowers talk to us...

So with that in mind... when I came home... the colors were racing in my mind... I had a lot of challenges to do, but I also wanted to get my husbands birthday card made... Tomorrow is our sons birthday... and I always like to have Glenn's done prior to that... so I HAD to make it...

Now you might be a little surprised as to what I created for him... and tell me that this is not a masculine card... My husband works very physically hard all day long... almost everyday of the week.. he is VERY MASCULINE.... but he also knows his feminine side of his being too... so he will LOVE this card with all the 'fluffy' colors... the glitter and ribbon... on yes... I didn't make it masculine at ALL...

Here it is... 

 
 Okay... he loves all the same colors I do... purples, blues, etc... I have to say green is his favorite... so the girl is in GREENS... He loves textures... and he will love this beautiful mermaid of a creature... a wonder to him in all ways...

I wanted to make this extra special for him, so I also did some different things..
Like I made the background paper with tissue papers...

I know that so many gals say to me... your cards are so very pretty.... BUT  I can't paint... you can do this, if you can glue and tear paper...

Here is what I did....
I started off with a piece of white cardstock.. .and I chose to make this card 6x6 .... so that is the size I used... but you can make a whole sheet so you have left over... I love left overs...

Then I diluted a glob of glue into some water... you can use any white glue... and gradually add water until it is thin... but not clear... you want the tissue paper to stay on the cardstock...

Then tear small pieces of tissue paper and start to cover the cardstock with it... I use a brush and just keep on doing it, until the sheet is filled...   Now I did take my Radient Rain (by Twinlking H20's) and splattered some all over the paper... just to make it look a little bit more different.. 
So that when it was finished it looked like this... I did use the heat gun to dry it... as I wanted to finish this card this afternoon... 

At the last minute I also flipped the edges that were hanging over onto the cardstock... so I didn't have to trim any of the edges of the 6x6 at all..

This is it... the way it was glued onto the front of the card...

I then used a couple of different pieces of paper that I did paint ... and cut them with the spellbinder... and then ran one thru my bubbles/pebbles folder by Cuttlebug... 

Of course the wonderful Mermaid is by Sweet Pea and I colored her with Twinkling H20's and also a Tombow marker here and there..  I also used some Stickles by Ranger here and there... on the butterflies etc... The large butterfly is one of my very favorite ways to create a butterfly... twinkling H20 paper that I have made with my paints... then Spellbinder with the butterfly die that has three Large, med and small.. Run it thru the Swiss Dot Folder by Cuttlebug... and pile them one on top of the other... then add some 'feelies' and you are done... my favorite butterfly...

As you can see aounrd the edges of the card, there is tissue paper that is not glued onto the cardstock.. it is a little bit on the shabby chic side too.. he will love this and by the time he finally puts it away I will be so sick of looking at this... believe me when I tell you that his Fathers day card and our anniversary cards are still up so he can see them... This will be up at least until Dec when the Christmas cards will start coming in...

On the background I also used 5 different colors of ribbon to give some more texture and add more color... also for the sketch design I needed it...

Now for all the challenges that this card is for...

#1  Stamp with Fun is where the sketch came from...     
over to the right...

#2  Sweet Pea Challenge with was to show your DREAM...
Well maybe this is not mine... but my husband and I are very very close... and this would be one of his dreams...  LOL... So does that count...??? 
Also I love to swim... and have always loved being way out in the water swimming and being alone... like a mermaid...

#3.... Oh Alice... this weeks challenge wants a mythical CREATURE.... or a crown... well she is mythical I guess... but my husband will say she is REAL....

 #4.  Flutter by Wednesday....    Of course a buttlerfly... and the buttons... ooops I forgot them... oh well maybe they are in the back of her...I just wanted to do a really nice butterfly for you all there... as I have not done one of these for your challenges...

#5.  Cute Card Thursday   on this challenge a Bird or a butterfly... so this is for Challenge #130

#6.  Craft Creations challenge 85  Music or Dance... well I want to tell you... she is certainly do a dance of some kind... and I did put music behind her...  It is stamped in black... my husband loves music... so it was a natural for this card...

#7.  The Secret Cratfer Saturday Challenge which is for ANYTHING GOES!!!!! 

So 7 Challenges for this card...

I have to try and get more challenges onto each card... but I also love doing cards... so that is okay too..

I know Glenn will love it.. and his birthday isn't until October 2... but that is not that far away... I am just glad I got it done in time.... LOL.. nothing like me not having one for him... that would be horrible... in many ways and on all levels...

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit.... please come back again.. and I really appreciate all the lovely loving comments y'all leave me... thanks so very much.. .Enjoy the rest of the day... and the evening...

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 

11 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie, first of all I loved to read your post and second, thanks for reminding me about that amazing way to make a background. I have a stamp that it will look captivating on. Sometimes we get so wrapped up we forget how simple things can be done. You entire card is just breath-taking!!! I am certain your husband will adore it especially because you took the time to make it and it is filled with your love!

    Thanks a bunch for joining us for the first challenge at “In A Sweet Pea Dream” and best of luck!

    xoxo,
    KymKreates
    Sweet Pea DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and the butterflies. Thanks for sharing. Boy, that is a lot of challenges. Good luck.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the wonderful colors and of course music paper and a dancing mermaid qualify! Great choice and thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations this week!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the background and thanks for the tutorial (took me back to elementary school).
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Oh Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, the background turned out soooo cool. Your coloring is top notch. Great job. Thank you for partaking in our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an amazing background! That's gorgeous! A unique card you made here! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, beautiful, wonderful card, love the papers and super cute image.

    Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I love the butterfly.
    Thank you for joining us at CCT this week! :)
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Love how you have done that background paper, it's gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us over at Oh Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, that background is FABULOUS and the rest of the card is wonderful too! Love the bright colors and great textures! Thanks for playing along with Oh, Alice!

    ReplyDelete