Followers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Flower with a Dragonfly

Dragonfly... a Native American symbol for change.. when you see a dragonfly expect change in your life, your feelings or experiences... truth or not... I love them... I always LOVE changes... so maybe that is why I love dragonflies... my Studio's name is the Purple Dragonfly Studio... I just simply love dragonflies...

Okay.. so what's the deal with the dragonflies today????
I put one on a card... a card that is very different for me...
One that the colors I never would have put together at all...
with the exception that it is the colors for todays
Color Challenge on SCS...

Betty always picks out colors that I would hardly ever use together and I think I am going to have a difficult time (which I do at times) but I sure didn't today... these colors went right together for me..
And I love them..  I don't have all the SU  paper colors.. but hopefully they are close enough..


My Green could have been a little more olive... but I didn't have anything that close... so I used the closest.. rule of thumb... do your best with what you have... right???

Betty also used an embossed frame for the dessert option... which I used ... it is a Cuttlebug folder... and then I used a spellbinder to cut the center out... so I could use a pretty Just Rite stamp that has been waiting to be used.. 

Okay.. well I also did this card for another Challenge too..
It is called Paper Sundaes Challenge #35... and you have to use three different embellishments... so I used Ribbon, nice 1.5 inch wide double faced ribbon.. and then pearls... and last but not least my DRAGONFLY!!!! Now that was made by me taking a sticker and putting it onto curnished copper mesh... and then cutting it out... love the effect .. don't you.. The flower also has a dew drop... A dear friend of mine who is also as spend thrift about SOME things... bought for me a bag of CLEAR dew drops... and then you color them with alcohol inks what ever color you need!!!! How neat is that.. ??? Love it.. dont have to go looking for the perfect color.. I actually will use a Sharpie pen to color them.. and it is so fast and I love it..

The other challenge that this card is for...   The Shabby Tea Room... 
Their inspiration for the challenge this week was to use this picture as your inspiration and to create a card using the theme of nature... so I think my flower does that ... along with my DRAGONFLY!!!!

I tried to also keep the greens as the main color in this card for this challenge.. it is such a dominate color here... love it..

Thanks to all of you for GREAT Challenges... I had fun creating this card... and hope that you all have a wonderful DAY...

The Finished  Card

Thank you for coming back for a visit... and hope that you also have a wonderfully creative day... and come back soon... Thanks for being YOU..
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

10 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS embossing!! I love the center of the flower, too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nevr kenw that about dragonflies. Live an learn!! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie
    Love the card. Dragonflies and butterflies are so amazing to watch. Liked your bit of info re change.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this card bonnie-great cb ef-interesting bit of trivia on the dragonfly-as I read your challenges for today I laughed- I hit the same ones-

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS card Bonnie! I did not know that about dragonflies. Guess I am going to see lot's of changes because there have been dragonflies everywhere I go for the past week! They are huge ones and they are just beautiful as they glimmer in the sunlight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! Love your use of the color palette and love that embossed frame. The pop of pink on the flower is wonderful, and the dragonfly really stands out. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card. LOVE the embossing!!! Thanks so much for joining our 3 embellishments challenge at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - love the embossing and the gorgeous image! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    P.S. Did I say that I am a huge fan of dragonflies? :)

    ReplyDelete