Followers

Monday, September 6, 2010

Violets and Dragonflies...


I have to say that there are a lot of things on this card that are my favorites... and the average person that knows me, might not say that was true... but it is..
I love .... PURPLE... and DRAGONFLIES... and the color GREEN of any shade is starting to really take my heart over... I love violets... I love pearls on cards... and I am starting to like glimeering things...
So a lot of FAVORITES....
This card is for two challenges.. .but before I get into that...
let me tell you what I used to create this love...
I used card stock... A love shade of sage-lime mix
(which I ran thru my Cutttlebug Machine and
also thru the Swiss Dot Embossing Folder ...
to get a sheet of 5 x 7 paper with a smaller folder you
can run it thru two times...
moving and not going over the first area... i
t is possible... took me a few times...
but it does work..!!! )
and of course WHITE
I used a piece of paper from K and Co...
it came with the dragonflies all glittering too!!!! Love it!
I used the stamps from Just Rite... and mixed them up a little bit... but that is one of the reasons I love them so much... you can mix and match to your hearts content and never get bored with them.. GREAT STAMPS...
I used a couple of new Spellbinders.. and of course some pearls and my Twinkling H20's...
All the layers in white are popped up... and the ring is popped up unevenly so that the outside edge fits into the circle.. I sort of fudged it a little and I love the look I got...
I edged both of the Spellbinder circles with a gold pen...


This is what the entire card looks like.. I also used some crochet thread for the ribbon effect on the left... I really didnt' want to add any... but wanted something else along that edge.. it was too empty... so thread it got...

Now these are the two challenges this card is for..
A new one to me... Curtain Call..

And also Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge...
To go there and see their lovely site...
(go to the bottom of my page and click on their badge...
it will take you directly there... thanks.)

This card is 5X7 inches large... and it is not flat... I will have to use something like an empty ribbon spool or something like that to protect the center circle when mailing... besides the pearls also will get crushed... so I need some bubble wrap also...

5 comments:

  1. SO gorgeous!! I love this sketch and will have to try it although I won't be able to come up with something this pretty. Love the realistic looking violets and details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie this is just beautiful beyond imagination! I really love your pretty dragonflies on those gorgeous violets. You are so talented and creative. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bonnie - this is gorgeous! I love your colours, image - I love everything!! Your card has such a great feel to it! What a great take on the Sketch! Love this! We are glad you joined us this week for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bonnie! What a pretty card! I just love your color choices they are perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
    Denise
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you love the color purple, it makes for a stunning card and with the glimmery dragonflys it's just pretty, pretty.

    ReplyDelete