Followers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pumpkin Soup

You know sometimes a card goes together really fast... and with total ease... as this one did... and it is for 10 challenges also.!!!!  Yikes... But it was easy... and I am not kidding... and I had a lot of fun doing it.  We were finally having a little bit of rain...not much... actually just enough to create a problem for the plants...so it was nice and comfy in my studio and I was playing!!!!!

Oh yes it is a tag card also... and it is a recipe card... Pumpkin soup... love it... so good.. what a fun way to pass on a recipe too.

So this is what started the card...
#1.  Paper Craft Star, (link below)  says to make a card with a 5.5 x 5.5 base... then mat that is 5x5   and score mat 5 times at 1/4 inch... then add 3 flowers,  from a die cut or punch and 3 buttons and twine... okay... that was ONE challenge..









#2.. Then I had this really fun sketch challenge from 2 Sketches 4 You... and this is what it was...

So I did that on another mat piece... which I embossed with a Cuttlebug Pumpkin Patch folder... and colored it with Ranger Antique Linen and then painted the pumpkins with Twinkling H20's... and also a few marker strokes around the leaves...  Then I used some of Tim Holtz's Tissue Tape... to create a nostalgic look for this next challenge... which really motivated the recipe and also the colors... a little of a lot of things actually... you will see...
#3...  Shabby Tea Room Challenge!!!  Love this look... thanks for this...I love the picture... This was the picture that was to inspire us... and it did... that is for sure...  I used my new tapes, my theme of the round shape(apple = pumpkin)  and then school idea... the calendars, and the words... 

#4.  Stamping Vacation Challenge... I had to use 3 items from this list...
circle tag, String,  Vellum, Frame, Image with a building, brad, black paper, eyelet, anything yellow!!!



I used the string... or twine... and the black paper which you will see in a little while... and the yellow... my goodness all over ... but I did use yellow Distress stickles on the Pumpkin eyes... 
                                                                                            #5.  Flutter by Wednesday... I love these challenges... as I always love to put things onto my cards that have wings... this one is the lovely CROW... By the way... I also won the Challenge at Flutter by Wednesday last week... thank You very much Flutter by Wednesday!!!!  I am looking forward to getting some lovely Butterflies... I will show them to you all when I receive them.. .I promise... The challenge this week is to put ANYTHING that has wings onto your project!!!!  No Problem...

#6.  Paper Sundae Challenges #36... to use Fall or Halloween colors...  I have used all Fall Colors... Love the lime green for this time of year too..






#7.  Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #77 was to use a grid pattern... I actually used three.. .one is the five lines on the side... and then also the pumpkins on the back of the second matt... the third one.... the CALENDARS.... over on the left

#8.  Whoopsie Daisy challenge is to pile on the flowers... so I put three on there... but each flower is actually 5 layers... so there are over 15 flowers...




#9..  The Crazy Challenge this week... oh my goodness... not really crazy to me... but maybe because I am crazy.... LOL.. anyway... they wanted a RECIPE!!!  The challenge is called In the Kitchen... so the recipe is of course Pumpkin Soup... and it is on the back of the tag... short simple and fun to make...

I used Tim Holtz tissue tape all over the tag... okay... I just got them all.. and I love them... I am actually going to make some Christmas altered boxes with the tapes... What fun... huh??? I will show them... don't worry...

The tag is made from an old Sizzix red die cut... do you still have some hanging around... I certainly do... and then I used my Cuttlebug Pumpkin and embossed it...

Using a white gel pen I wrote Pumpkin Soup... and the colored the pumpkin with some markers... I love doing fun things...

#10... The last but certainly not least challenge is The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.... where it is ANYTHING GOES... I am not sure I can get on there... it all depends on the dial up system tonight... last time I made a card for this challenge I couldn't get it on... the challenge has so many cards on there... and poor old computer tried ... but it finally said.. NOT NOW...  LOL.. That is okay... I love to use these challenges anyway..

So that is a nice card... 10 challenges... the stamp is by Inkadinkadoo.. and I used a Spellbinder label #16 for the cut out... every layer is pop dotted, so the tag fits in really easily... I cut the leaves out with scissors... and used a piece of scrap paper by Anna Griffin...

Wow... do you think I have enough info down here about this one little card????

I certainly hope so... all the paper I used was white card stock... and I buy my cardstock at Wally world... Now I have told you everything and a little bit more...

Hope you have a wonderful evening... I will be trying to link this card to all these sites... that will actually take me longer than it took to make the card... I just love dial up... NOT THE TRUTH AT ALL....

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 


                                                                                              

27 comments:

  1. WOW Bonnie, this is amazing! It is absolutely stunning! I LOVE it!! What a fun project and a great way to share your recipe (which by the way sounds yummy)! I can't believe you did 10 challenges! You go girl!! Great work and thank you for playing along with us this week at Papercraft star!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card with so many wonderful embellishments! I love the school/halloween theme! Thanks for playing along in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy wowzers Bonnie. My oh my....amazing. That Pumpkin soup tag is too much. Love that pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Bonnie! Totally amazing details! Love the fall colors and your wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that took some planning to work out ten challenges worth of requirements! :) Fantastic card! We're so glad you joined us this week at Papercraft Star so we got to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool, I love it!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness gracious...ten challenges in one!! I don't think I could keep up with all those details! Never ate pumpkin soup but sure do love pumpkin pie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh mam what a creation what a coloring so bright so tallented one,u r always superb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful creation! love all the wonderful details! thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very detailed I like all the elements

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, this is so totally gorgeous! I love the colours & detail - fabulous! Thanks for joining our "grid" challenge at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful autumn card design ... so much eye candy -- simply lovely! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie, I just love this card! Love the collage feel! You did an excellent job with all the elements, putting them together perfectly! Love the tag with the soup recipe! Great idea! Hey, what is the recipe? I've been looking for a good one for pumpkin soup!

    Thanks so much for playing along with the challenges at Stamping Vacation! This earns you an entry in the Oct 1st drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate to Flourishes!

    And don't forget to join us on our Homemade with a HOP blog hop this Saturday. There will be over $300.00 in prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the layers and the tag is a nice addition to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow...stunning card...I love all the different embellishments and autumn colours. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card..it certainly doesn't look like a simple card. Thanks for joining in the Pick Three Challenge at Stamping Vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty card! Love the little calendars! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully composed card and for so many challenges as well. You rocked it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous card, love the details, thanks for playing along with us this week at the Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so wonderful! Thank you so much for playing along with us at 2s4y!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowsers! this card has so much detail to it... i keep looking and seeing more! Fantastic job! Thanks so much for joining in with us at SSC for our grid challenge.
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bonnie, this is so CLEVER and love the colors you chose! Great job. Thanks so much for joining WHOOPSI DAISY's challenge again this month - always happy to see you:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is fabulous! Love it!
    Thank you for playing with "Paper Sundaes" this week!
    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow... so clever,,, Great job !Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, very nice card. Thank you for joining as at The Crazy Challenge.

    Ivolina

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Bonnie another stunner. I really like the pull out tag idea! Great colors and so well put together.Thanks so much for participating in our PICK 3 Challenge over at SV. You now have an entry toward the $25.00 gift voucher for Flourishes! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete