Followers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Poppies in the Fall

Oh Fall colors are so much fun to play with... as are these challenges... I am doing five with this card... and I really have been working on this card for a few days... just couldnt get it out!!!  So here it is..



I love this card... sometimes when you make a card it is nice... and you really like the way it turns out... this is one of those.. I love the way this came together... and it didn't take me that long to do it... which was even nicer. 

The Flower I made with Tissue paper and Tim Holtz Flower die cut... in the center I put a purple oddly shaped circle with some stamen  that I punched... wild isn't it???

A closeup of the flower..    

It shows the center a little bit better... which is really fun. 

Anyway... I used the Grand Lace die from Spellbinders for the black lace... and then the Square Eyelet die for the Just Right frame and Hope saying... The paper is by K and Company... and  is was one of those sheets of paper that you save for something special... well this is one of those special occassions..


As I said this card was done for a few challenges...
The first one was for Midnight Maddness #71... 
A sketch challenge... I followed thru with the flower... it was just right for me for these other challenges as well. 


Kelly Jo's stamp Pad did a color chef challenge.. you had to use Black and white as a base with purple and orange added...

Reasonable Ribbon Challenge wanted us to use this picture for an inspiration...
so I picked the colors up and moved them around a little bit... I am going to use this one again hopefully... maybe today I will use it for another card ... thanks..  I love this picture.. 

Okay... now I might be pushing this one a little bit... but Paper Sundaes 
we use 3 different types of embellishments... I used lace..(paper)
Ribbon, and a flower... so maybe that is okay...

This will also go onto my Flicker challenge for this weeks entries... yeah..
I love this one... very vivid and bright...
I think that as you are growing up, there is a time in your life when you create different colors in your living quarters... we had a house that I used the colors of black and white and added RED... wow... that was some living room... It wasn't for too long... but I did LOVE it.. this card reminds me of that too..

Hope that you have a good day today... it looks a little overcast here... and we have to run up the mountain to go food shopping, and also to meet some people... Thank you for stopping by for a visit.... and maybe when I get back I can play some more... I would certainly enjoy that.. Thanks again... and enjoy your day..

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

16 comments:

  1. Hello Bonnie - this is just stunning! I love that flower - it just pops! The border punch is perfect, as is your sentiment! 'Love it! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we love having you play along and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are always so beautiful that I want them all!! That big bright poppy could only be better if it was RED!!!LOL!!!!!! Hugs, my sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tissue paper Poppy you have created and it looks fabulous in your chosen Autumn colours. I am though curious how you made the centre stamens?
    Lovely piece of work Bonnie.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - I just love that bright pop of color - great job on the challenge too. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card and great embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the poppy card. What a gorgeous flower you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Bonnie!! I love the colors and that flower is awesome. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie
    As usual, your card is gorgeous!!
    Curious about the stamen just like Jan.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love how the flower turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie this is just superb. I love the black and white with the visual impact of that gorgeous flower. Your punches and die cuts are awesome. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    ReplyDelete
  11. That flower just pops right off the page! Love the color combo! Beautiful, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SPECTACULAR splash of color with the poppy! BEAUTIFUL card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! Just Gorgeous!! I love that splash of orange!!! Thanks so much for joining our 3 embellishments challenge at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, the black and that yummy orange flower are really eye catching! I am drooling over that flower and the die cut looks marvelous with your DP and black ribbon. Thanks for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, hope you will join us again next week!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMDT-GD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow such a lovely card. The orange pops perfectly on the black and white background! Wonderful take on the sketch challenge.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
    Denise
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete