Followers

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Just Because

I had to do this card now... for quite a few reasons... first off I made a birthday card for a friend about a month prior to her birthday... and then when I was suppose to take it to her, I couldn't find it... so I looked and looked and still can't find it... so I made her another one!!!! This is it... I also took the opportunity to do 5 challenges along with making this special card for her... JUST BECAUSE.... 

The second reason is that living on a farm we have quite a few cats.. but none of them are ours!!!! We didn't bring them here,we don't feed them, they are not really 'ours' but they live here... the other day we found a kitten that was only a few days old living in the garage... and we made a little box for it to stay it... hoping that the Mom would come back.. Well she did... and being feral she didnt' like the fact that we had cleaned the area up and made a box... so she moved the kitten out into the garden under my office window.. and also brought the other 3 kittens that she had all around the farm!!!! And they are all there... jsut out in the open... not really protected at all.. and they are happy and content... Amazing... So this is in honor of her.. and her 4 little babies... I guess we have a lot for them to nibble on around the farm.. .so welcome...

So with more words.. the CARD!!!!  

This is a very proud and respectful Kat... gold necklace and all... and a red glittery HAT!!!  Wow what a KAT!!!

I used some different papers this time.. the red floral paper is metallic paper by K and Company... and the Dotted paper is by Provo Craft... when they use to make paper... (okay I know that was a long time ago... but I have told you I have a lot of paper I have to use.) 

I painted the Kat with Twinling H20's so she glimmers along with the hat, paper and her yellow eyes... and GOLD necklace... LOL.. so much fun..

Okay... I also made this for 5 challenges... and they are as follows.. 

Crazy 4 Challenges color challenge .... black, red and kraft!!!
Love it... great colors together... bold and bright...

Then I used the Saturday Challenge Sketch for the design... which was really a great sketch.. love the way it went together with ease and really a nice design... thanks it was a lot of fun.. 

Then I did another Stamping Vacation... I love this one, as you can choose three things and put them into a card... I think this is the forth card I have done for this challenge... I love it.. I used Circle tag, Frame and Black paper and anything yellow... A lot of fun... thanks for the choices... they are fun to work with..

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #75 was to distress... and that I did... had fun doing it too..

Again... last and important... Pile it on #35... lots of layers... and lots of challenges...
7 layers again on this card... and 5 challenges...

Okay... one more card and then I will be able to go paint... today it is rainy here... off and on... overcast and a good day for me to sit and paint... I love painting and have a lot of figures stamped that need my attention...
Hope you are enjoying your day...  Thanks for stopping by for a visit... love it when you leave comments too.. I really REALLY APPRECIATE them all.. thanks so very much... Love ,Light and Peace...Bonnie

10 comments:

  1. How frustrating to lose a card, I bet it will turn up where you have already looked, as these things do. By the way, you do not own cats, they own you.
    Great caricature of a cat on this card, love his red hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! I LOVE THIS CAT - and the hat-- AWESOME! Makes me totally smile~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another genuine, unique creation! Sweet story about the cats, how do u like the meowing outside the window? heehee. Mother's know bet. I'm sure the recipient of this card loved it even if it wasn't the first one....Thanks for joining us at Stamping Vacation for our pick 3 challenge. Too bad you won't be joining us for our blog hop......here's to hoping you reconsider!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous distressed project. I love the cat. So cute. Another perfect one for our distressed week. Thanks for sharing it with us at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! Such a great image, looks like a lot of fun to work with!
    Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Distressing challenge!
    Dee (Spryte)
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are write! She is so very sassy! What a kick that image is! It's a precious little card! I am glad that other people make cards in advance only to lose them! Bwahaha! Made me giggle! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card and the story that goes with it. That cat is so wonderful with her red sparkly hat. Thanks so much for playing along with the Pick Three Challenge at Stamping Vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic card. Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just Darling that cat is!! WONDERFUL challenge(s) card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card...
    Thanks for joining in with our sketch this week at SCSC and good luck.
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete