Followers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Apples at the Fair

What a perfect time of year to go to fairs.. pick up some nice ORGANIC apples, have a fun time... and enjoy this delightful fall weather.. that is what my card is all about ... nice times, fun times, times that will make memories in your heart... A time of year that is really wonderfull as it reminds us that the year is coming to an end... and soon the new year will start... The colors of this season are truly a specialty all unto it's self in all ways... so enjoy the colors, the smells and the time of the Fall season..

So as I stated that it what my card is all about...
As you can see it is 100% FALL....
But it is also for 8 challenges... yikes... what fun is that too..
I really did have fun getting all the componets for this card together and then creating it for these challenges...

Challenges it is for: 
Incy Wincy asked to use colors of the season... red, yellow, brown, green and orange...


The Cuttlebug Spot  asked that you use a fair theme.. Well I think with my Apples getting 1st place it is at a fair... YEAH!!!!
 I used two different Embossing folders on this card... one being the yellow background is embossed with Brocade Window... which is an embossing PLUS folder.. they are super great... Don't forget to check my blog  Toyz 4 Paper...  lots of toyz there like this... I also used the embossing folder by Cutttlebug called Seeing Spots... another GREAT  folder... Hope you will check these out...

Now this is a group that I found at Just Rite... they are called the Just Us Girls .... or JUGS... and this is for thier 50th Challenge with is to create Cracked Glass...  I did it with the apples... you will be able to see it better in the next picture... Where you use embossing powder... then put it into the freezer and then crack it...

Worked like a charm... great technique to say the least... 

Okay... now Paper Sundaes  asked that you use three embellishments... which I certainly did...
I created my own leaves using a Cuttlebug die cut... and the paper I made with my Twinkling H20's (paints... love them.. ) 

The Fly... and the Button Brads...

Well since we are on Embellishments....
Creative Belli asked that you also use three embellishments... but they had to begin with the letter B.... so I used a BEE... which was BRASS and a BOW and BUTTON BRADS   so I think I got that one on here too.. yikes ... I am doing it...
Now I did a card for the Shabby Tea Room... but thier challenges are always so ME... this week it is nature... using the color GREEN... adn a picture for inspiration.. .which is so great... leaves... I love leaves... so here is another card for that challenge...

Two more challenges... This one is really not that only card I will do for it... it is called Flutter by Wednesday... and they asked that you use buttons... and also something that has wings.. My little fly has wings... they are ever so tiny... but they are wings...

The last challenge is for SCS Sketch Challenge 298  

And that is what I used for this card...

A lot of places to go check out... but let me tell you there are some really pretty cards at each location... lots of fun things to see.. and you will enjoy yourself...

Thanks so very much for stopping by today...
and PLEASE check down below... there are two other posts from today!!!!
I have been active to say the least...

We are having a really nice soup for dinner.. and it has been cooking while I have been writing.. it will be ready in a little while... maybe I can get these links all done???  Keeping my fingers crossed ... dial up is not something you can count on to help you.. it generally does you in!!!! LOL.. .

Have a fun evening... Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie 



OOOPS... you know I forgot to tell you that I will also be entereing this in the Flicker contest for Just Rite... so it is 9 Challenges!!!!!! WOW I did good today... I also won that challenge last week... and will be receiving a stamp set from JUST RITE... LOVE IT... their stamps are wonderful... 

11 comments:

  1. your card caught my eye on scs-which they usually do my friend-love the theme of this card-because I love the fall season
    reading you blurb at scs about the sweet potatoes and now your homemade soup-reminds me that I need to get busy with the canning I want to do-I get my stuff from the farmers market-my hubby is a flower gardener only

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card and great use of embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS card Bonnie! Love all your little details especially the hand made leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful fall inspired card! I love the colors and all the layering you've used with the die cuts. That embossing/freezer crackling technique is awesome. I just did that this week for my Tea Room card, too. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie
    Mmmm lovely. Makes you want to sink your teeth into those scrumptious looking apples. Fall-the best season of all!!
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Wonderful take on the cracked glass technique. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Bonnie, love your brass bee! Just a gorgeous overall card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card
    Thank you for playing with "Paper Sundaes" this week!
    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful fall card - love the apple basket and the coloring is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bonnie... This is really beautiful... The coloring is just perfect !
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Paper Sundaes !

    ReplyDelete