Followers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Shabby Tea Room #25 Challenge


Week #25 - 'Old Meets New'


For this week's challenge, we'd love to see you all create a card or project with something OLD and something NEW! Basically, the sky's the limit as long as you tell us in your blog post which items were NEW to you and which items were OLD from your stash! Have fun with this one, folks!!

I had a few hours… and decided to make a card… and needed to make it for something special… so I went looking… Shabby Tea Room… how special is that!!!! So I grabbed some paper and started to play…

I started off with a resist treatment… to get a nice layered look on the paper… then mounted that a few times… added some trims… and some Paper flowers… and tag… and then added some seam binding… that was my Mother In Laws… from years ago… I can’t tell you how old it is… but the wrapper fell off when I picked it up… does that tell you anything… The antique lace… I bought a whole bolt of it for $6.00 about 35 years ago… that was a lot of money… but the lace was so very pretty… and I had to have it… I still have about 5 years left… and have used it very sparingly over the years…

Ingredients:

Card Stock; White; chocolate and Limeade (all new )

Inks: Ranger (New )

Paints: Twinkling H20’s (All New)

Trims: All are old… (the antique lace I bought over 35 years ago!!! And the ribbon over 4-5 years ago…. all OLD!!! )

Flowers: Paper Prima ( New)

Stamp: Stamping Up; Inkadinkadoo; Misc (New)

Toys: Cuttlebug; Spellbinder (new)

Hope that you enjoy this card… and maybe even have time to join in on the challenge… Love to see your card…

Thanks for dropping by … love to have you come back tomorrow too… Love, Light and Peace…Bonnie




6 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely!! Your flowers and ribbon add so much to the wonderful bgs of CB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful .... thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    To be considered for the weekly prize, please only link your submission for our challenge and not your entire blog or multiple submissions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow bonnie you never cease to amze me with your card creations-this one is a stunner!! the lace is gorgeous-you pay that much for a yard now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love your resist technique on this one and the ribbon/lace is oh la la!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO very beautiful! I absolutely LOVE your stamping resist treatment here. Fabulous layering, too, and I love all the trims. Your seam binding bow looks wonderful holding on that sentiment banner. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Wonderful technique - thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete