Followers

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pumpkin Time is here...

Oh the fall season is upon us... and it is pumpkin time all over the US... a time of harvest and fun on our farm.. and this past week we started to harvest "Sweet Taters" as they are called in these parts... in the rest of the world... Sweet Potatoes!!!!  We still have some from last year... but this years are bigger and not cured yet.. but will be in a couple of months time now... Delicious...

But Pumpkins are sort of close to Sweet Taters... the color is the same.. so I decided to carry that theme through on this card... it is for 4 challenges...

And when I first saw the sketch.. it was sort of plain... and I didn't really know if I was going to do it... but I thought about it and gave it a try... and I LOVE the way it turned out... My lesson... never give up... keep on going all the time.. don't under estimate something ... give it a try... and I did.. and I love it..

I used K and Company paper for the background... and of course a couple of rows of paper lace made by a Martha punch... and then the focal point... a pumpkin scene by Just Rite... Love them all..
Thanks to all the challenges this card is a favorite...

Okay... these are the challenges that I did it for..

#1..  The Sketch was for Watlzing Mouse Challenge.. and you can see that
I turned it around... and loved creating this card...

A great ... simple... and stunning sketch... love it... thanks

#2.  Create with Connie and Mary color challenge ... a new challenge for me... but I loved the colors... and thought that with the above sketch it would prove to be very interesting... which it is...

Thanks for the color challenge.. .love the colors.. warm and nice for this time of the year...


I can't find the Just Rite Challenge at all.. so I put my Just Rite cards up on the Flicker line for them.. so this will go there... if you know of where the challenge is, I would appreciate it if you would tell me... I love their stamps.. and love making cards with the elegance they show off...

And of course... last challenge... is Pile it on... #35... how did you know???  I love this challenge... I guess I will be doing a lot of these all the time.. Love the layers ... and love the number of challenges... great going...

Hope that you will scroll down and see the other two cards I did today... along with all the challenges that they cover also.. Thanks so very much for stopping by.. and enjoy the rest of the week-end... I know I will..
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

17 comments:

  1. I like this alot, the colours as you say are lovely and warm, the dark ribbon sets the whole thing off a treat. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colors! Love the touch of orange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Just love the papers. Great job.
    Thanks for sharing.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful use of the colors, Bonnie! Love the beautiful dp! The pumpkins are perfect with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie
    this is one terrific card
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the color challenge! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Bonnie! Great way to capture the feel of fall! Thanks for playing along with the WM sketch challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job combining the two challenges. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those papers and the elegant border! The pumpkins are so beautifully colored, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful fall creation Bonnie! such pretty papers and punched edge! thanks for playing with WMS this week GF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS card and wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely lovely card...great job! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this image you colored so wonderfully.. Great DP and color choices...:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you combined the two challenges! Turning the layout on its side was perfect for your image. Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely, warm seasonal card, great job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete