Followers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Be Inspired #103 World Card Making Day

World Card Making Day is coming soon... so lets get started...
The Challenge this week on Cuttlebug Challege Blog is to start to make cards for holidays, and general card giving...
So since I LOVE TO MAKE lots of cards... I made MORE...
Here is one that I made for a group meeting a few weeks ago...
The center of it is created with a 5x5 inch square that is then punched.. and then
folded into the center.. and then folded back out again... very easy and fun to create...
I of course added some Pretties by Bonnie which I painted with my H20's... and of course I added layers of flowers on each one you see... that really gives a nice look to the flowers..
The flowers are on a piece of paper that is 3.25 x 3.25 that just slips into the center of the frame... and of course it is embossed with Kassies Brocade... with a little bit of pink ink to show off the embossing..

I used a piece of Core~dinations paper for the background... and ran that also thru Kassies Brocade folder... and then sanded the embossing... but inked the edges with Ranger inks...
A little bit of hemp twine and it is done...

Here's what it looks like in full.

Another card that was really fun to make... of course if you know me... all the cards I make are FUN... I love making cards... and love playing with paper... so it is FUN FUN FUN....
I used the other two folders from Cindy Loo set...The leaves on the background I used Bundled Sage Distressing color.. and then Vintage Photo..
I mounted it all on a very delicate pink floral paper... something I generally would never do... but I love the sweetness of this look.. I cute out some leaves... and added a Medallion from my
Medallion ART CD's.. if you haven't taken a look at them... please do.. they are so much fun to create... and each CD has all the info you need to create this type of medallion for your cards, scrapbooks and other paper projects... so much fun...
I used a part of one of the folders in that Cindy Loo set to make the floral border and used Antique Linen ink... and then went over it with a pink distressing ink... love that look.. a little hemp twine... and then the punched border at the bottom... again I used antique linen ink to get that real old look to this card..

A very good friend... in fact one of the Paper Dolls, her Mom has Breast Cancer... and I wanted to make a card for her... so that when she came out of the hospital she would have it... so I also wanted to try this type of card... a fun little card...
I used a Spellbinder label 10 and off set the white card stock and made the card... then used the same die to make the pink front... Lots of frames of all kinds... and also used all kinds of embossing folders to add more dimension to this card... lots of love and healing went into this card... along with the PINKS for women power added...



A few pearls, a quilled flower using my trusty Cuttlebug Quilling Templates, and then a bow... and this card was frilly and loved oriented plus..


I had to leave this card until last... as it is really one of my favorite cards!!!!
I love daisies... and the medallion is made with a tile that I create so you can see the daisy...
Then I love the background paper... as I used another tile to make this background paper... printing it with a tiny grid... 7/8" large...
The paper the medallion is glued onto is Core~dinations lovely paper... which I embossed with a folder from the Heritage Group.. .it is a wonderfully ornate oval frame... very delicate and sweet... after I embossed it, I sanded it... for that soft look... love it... don't you..
I added a piece of off white dotted ribbon... and I had just enough to make the bow and run the ribbon thru the underneath part of the card... Phew... that was close.. I love the soft look of this card.. In real life the greens in the tiles match perfectly... for some reason the camera is not picking up the true colors of these tiles... but you still get the idea..
I do hope that you will make some cards for World Card Making Day... and join in our challenge...we would certainly love to have you join us there..
Thanks for visiting my blog today...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

7 comments:

  1. You are just amazing with your beautiful frames and flowers, GF!! Awesomely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie
    These are so lovely. You have such talent.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards. Especially the quilling flowers....so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow bonnie you never cease to amaze me wiath your incredible works of art-love all of them

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always amaze me with your constant detailed creations full of amazing flowers! Don't know how you have the time to do so many! I especially love your medallion daisy card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are gorgeous and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS cards! I am catching up this morning on all the different challenges going on today. Totally overwhelming!!

    ReplyDelete