Followers

Monday, September 6, 2010

Poppies in the Fall

Closeup of Flowers that are made with Tissue paper
Today being Labor day, I decided to do a FEW challenges...  so I gathered up all my information and got started... I wanted to do Mojo Monday... Challenge 155 which is a sketch challenge and I love Julee's creative mind.. just super designs and pleasant to the eye...


Okay... that was one challenge... I do hope that you can see the
likeness to this challenge...
Then I moved onto another challenge.... Shabby Tea Room... and oh my goodness they are calling for a tag... so I have one already on there... Shabby Tea Room is a new Challenge for me in the last week.. .I love the look of the cards that come thru there... so check out thier site... At the bottom of my blog there is a BLINKIE... click on it and go to their site... really a fun place to visit, hangout and create with these gals..

Then I went to another challenge...
Really Reasonable Ribbon   
and on that link we have to use a FLOWER, and then also ribbon, lace or trim... What a shame.. I love all three.. so I used two... I love them all though... And so I decided from this challenge that my focal point would be flowers... yes... love them...

Okay... back to the flower... I had a hard time trying to figure out what kind of flower to make.. .I love making so many different kinds of flowers.. but there was one thing that popped into my mind.. and that was tissue paper... I have had that on my to do list for so long... and I decided to create some flowers with Tissue paper and also used Tim Holtz die template to cut the flowers... wow.. I really love the results... since I am always making all kinds of flowers I have a lot of punches (we will not talk about numbers here... but there are over 100 )  for making these fun filled paper flowers... so I chose a few that would create the poppy and went to town... what do you think... do they look like poppies... with all the great layers..  I do hope that you can see all the layers... each pedal has 6 layers... wow.. mystical plus... my very favorite number too..


But then.... I went to the next challenge...
Curtain Call #46...(look below for Link)   Look at these colors... so bright and pretty...
So I thought about this for a while... and remembered some pretty papers that I had in my K and Company collection... Perfect!!!! And they all sort of fit together... WOW... I love it already...

Then I thought about the flowers and the style... and came up with a new way of creating a flower... love it..
So with all these factors in place... I have 4 challenges covered with one card...
I love this card... as I love the brightness of the colors... and y'all know I LOVE flowers... and all colors... but this time if year my heart does sort of turn to fall colors with leaves... but this... wow ... this tops the leaves...
Thank you all for these GREAT Challenges... they made this card perfectly... and it will go to a friend for her birthday... she will love the richness of the colors too..
Finished card


Hope that you have a wonderful Labor day... filled with fun, and safe travel in all ways...
Thanks for taking a look at my card... and enjoy your day..
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

18 comments:

  1. Oh, this is fabulous! Love that gorgeous cluster of poppies. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the big flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card! I can't believe those flowers are made with tissue paper - they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing the curtain call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these poppies Bonnie! Your layout and colors are fantastic. You are an inspiration to me.
    Patti in WI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card! Love the bright, cheery colors and flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR (and don't forget to link back to us, if you want to be eligible for the weekly prize)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very pretty! I love all the colors and papers and those tissue paper flowers are amazing. Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, your flower card is simply beautiful!!! Perfect use on the Curtain Call colors and the Sketch!!! Thank you for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful...I really like the flowers that you used...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! The colors are awesome and I love the flowers. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reminds me of a beautiful fresh bouquet of flowers! Gorgeous card Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnie - your flowers are just fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful creation! With your talent you really should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com they are offering a lot of prizes right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one packs a punch of color, so lovely and those poppies are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply GORGEOUS, Bonnie!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    Please be sure to link only your card for this challenge and not your entire blog to be considered for the weekly prizes!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful flowers, and your paper choices are perfect for these colors! Thanks so much for playing this week at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete