Followers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In the Fall

In the Fall ... a very favorite season to me... I love all the colors that nature paints the trees ... I love the smell in the air, I love the seasonal change... I just LOVE FALL... don't you... I use to love to try and decide what I was going to be for Halloween... I would always dress up in some old things in the basement.. .we didn't have the 'luxurary' of going to a store to pick the costume up... we would use old things to create the character we would be... do you remember those days... and then sometimes when we were real little our moms would make the entire costume... I remember those days too.. I was everything from a Pilgrim to a princes... (who wasn't a princess of some kind or other...) One Halloween night it was raining... and I didn't feel like staying in wet clothes all night... and I didn't want to carry an umbrella, so I sore my Dad's rain suit from the Coast Guard... I dont' know what I was... I didn't care... other than I was DRY!!!  And didn't have any problems that night... LOL...

Halloween brings back all kinds of memories like that to each and everyone of us, I am sure... I can rememeber nights when I would see the moon so very bright that it looked like it was so close that you could reach out and touch it... so that is what my card is all about... actually it is not a card... but a Fat Book Page... if you want more info on Fat Books etc... please go to my blog... ART BETWEEN THE PAGES... you will find out all the info on these fun books..

So this month (October) the theme is Leaves and fall..

So this is my page .. hope I hve gotten my feelings across on this one...

I wanted the BIG harvest MOON... and the crow sitting on an old split rail fench post.. and the pumpkins all ready for harvest in the fields...

The 'weeds' or wild plants as I love to call them.. are high at this time of year... they are there.. adn then you have the wonderful fall leaves.. which these glimmer, as I painted them with twinlking H20's... and cut them out with the Cuttlebug leaves.  The pumpkin is also a cut and emboss set from Cuttlebug.. Love them...   I drew the fence posts... as I didn't have a stamp for them... and wanted that look.. the Twigs, wild plants are Inkadinkado stamps... I am not sure whose crow this is.. but I do love him... I used Ranger inks to create the harvest moon... and the feelings of fall..

Now when you see this... you think that this is all. When in reality... you pull up the ribbon and you have a tag that is Just Rites Pumpkin Patch ... that says Greeting from the Pumpkin Patch!!!! Do you remember going to a place to pick out your pumpkin??? It took the longest time.. I wanted one shape and my brother wanted another... all in all they really were all perfect... the Spellbinder label was embossed with Seeing spots embossing folder... nice texture to it...


This page is being used for the Incy Wincy Designs Challenge which is to use the colors Red, Yellow, Brown, Green adn Orange... there is red in the pumpkin... even though you can't see it... and also the berries on the tag are red..  There are also some pages that have red leaves.. .I just grabbed one that had orange and brown leaves..  (oh Yeah... I made 12 of these pages yesterday... in between harvesting sweet Potatoes..)  I guess with my hands being already 'dirty' it was okay to get them a little more 'dirty' and inky...

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ...and so hope you come back... take a look below, as there is another challenge card there too.. .all these challenges can be found by clicking on the blinkies below... Have a fun and wonderfully creative day... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

7 comments:

  1. Super fall design on this Bonnie! love the hidden tag inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, I LOVE your page. I take it mine will be on the way soon! I can't wait! It seems to me the pages get better all the imte. I had three gals here today looking at my Fat Books, and they just couldn't get over how beautiful they are. Hope mine arrive soon!! Love to you, my special friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie
    Great fall card. My absolute favorite season as well.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing some of your childhood memories with us today bonnie-I enjoy the fall season as well. time for canning and cool nights and then thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fall card and one beautiful harvest moon! I am not a lover of fall as my body knows that the weather around the corner will be cold and my bones do not like that at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing, you certainly got the feeling over alright!! Love the colours you have used and the crow with the harvest moon in the background looks perfect!

    Thanks for joining us over on Incy Wincy this week.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again, I forgot to say your fantastic creation is also eligible to join in the Autumn challenge over on another DT blog I am on, would love to see this over on the Creative Craft World challenge ;-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete