Followers

Monday, September 20, 2010

Flowers peeking through the lattice

You know when you can create a feeling on a card it is a success to me... so I feel that I have done this... I wanted to create flowers climbing over a lattice through a window.. peeking into the area where YOU are...
What do you think.... did I successfully do that???

Okay...  I really enjoyed doing this card ... I got up really early and started to play with the flowers and colored them with Ranger Markers by Adirondack  and used their Red Pepper and Cranberry colors on the bird and flowers...  For the leaves I used a couple of Tombow greens.. I didn't want them to real outstanding, as one of the color challenges doesn't have the green in it... but I don't feel you can put flowers onto a card without the leaves.. so I toned them down..

I Embossed the 'window' using Brocade Window Embossing plus folder by Cuttlebug... and then added the lattice myself..

This card was created for four challenges...

#1.  Just Rite  Friday Challenge #36 is a color challenge... to use Dark Red, Ovory and Black... and a handmade embellishment... ( My lattice work)

#2.  Cute Card Thursday   challenge #130 was to use a bird or butterfly... I have done this challenge a few times this week and have used the butterfly, so I used the bird...

#3.  Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #77   was to create a GRID pattern... so I created the lattice... of diamonds with thin paper...

#4.  JUGS Color Challenge #51 was to use Green, Red, Black, cream, white or kraft...  So I used the first 4 colors...

#5.  Whoopsi Daisy challenge which is to pile on the flowers.. this is one huge flower... piled on... 

#6.  Secret Crafter Saturday where anything goes...

So these are the challenges... join in on the fun.. do a few... there are generally prizes associated with each challenge... and they are fun just to see how many you can do on one card.. That is what I love to do with all these different challenges..

Hope you have a wonderful day... enjoy creating something fun and masterful... thanks for stopping by for a visit and I will hopefully see y'all later... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

18 comments:

  1. Oooh, so elegant! I love the crisp, clean look - absolutely fabulous, with the beautiful cardinal & flowers, the embossing & lattice window. Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card...every part of it. Good luck with the challenges. Since you seem to do a lot of challenges, maybe you could tell me, how do you get started doing them (as you can tell I never have)? Thanks.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie
    Yes you really succeeded in bringing those flowers and bird right into my home.
    Absolutely love the white and red and especially the lattice work. Good luck in the challenges.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonni this just sooo elegant i looove the embossing
    Thankyou for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy
    luv
    linniexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Bonnie, This si sooo chic! I love the bright contrast between the red and the white.Gorgeous flowers and magnificient cardinal (I love this bird). The lattice is a great idea.
    Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - I thought I spied some JustRite stamps!!! Thanks for coloring with JUGS this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! 6 challenges in 1 ?!? I love that cb folder and the coloring is great! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to rock those challenges! Your peek-a-boo flowers are a great pop of color on that white BG! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always a good feeling when you can create that feeling onto a card! This is beautiful!!!

    Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, love the design - superb work.

    Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  11. You definitely accomplished your goal! Beautiful embossing and card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is just beautiful! I love the images and I absolutely love the colours.
    Thank you for joining us at CCT this week! :)
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the look of this card, very CLEVER how the flowers accent the window! LOVE your work - I have become a follower. Thanks so much for playing along at WHOOPSI DAISY this month:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WoW! So pretty! The red is so striking!
    Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Grid challenge!
    Dee (Spryte)
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK - WOW!!! Love the lattice and the pop of red flowers peeking through! And the cardinal is completely fabulous :) Wonderful take on the color challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply gorgeous....love the punch of color! I'm so glad you could join our grid challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  17. So elegant. You did a beautiful job on this card.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really gorgeous! Have you heard of Papercraft Star yet? We'd love for you enter some of your pretty projects into our challenges, we have a DT call coming soon and you can enter to win a gift certificate right now! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete