Followers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Four Faces of Life Book


The Four Faces of Life

A book that will be used for exploring the Four Faces of Life… It most likely will be a gift to a friend for a special day… It has a lot of love built into it for her.

The book has only 12 pages… a very mystical number to say the least… and they are tied into two signatures… with a very fine crochet thread (or string) and it has 3 knots.

The paper I covered the pages with I painted with six different colors of what I have which are Twinkling H20’s.. but are now called Creative Inspirations paint …. I think there is a little bit of difference…one being a liquid… but the product is the same paint… and WONDERFUL….in all ways … When the light hits the paint it glimmers and shines…


Then I added a couple of flowers I drew on scrap pieces of the same kind of paper… I don’t ever throw out any scraps of paper I have painted, as I will draw on it… and if nothing else use it as a book mark!!! Yes I do read… a lot as a matter of fact.

I cut one out with a new Spellbinder label (#16? ) and the other one I distressed with a Tim Holtz distressor… Then I added a frame that has been in my embellishment section for a LONG time… and then added two hearts… one strong and one breakable… (blue Glass) and then I made the four faces… (air drying clay) and painted each one differently…

The slide glass has a woman of yesterday which is enclosed with glass on both sides… and then wrapped in copper leaf tape… and put ontop of the piece of Mica… Mica is also the main ingredient of the paints I love… H20’s… Then I used a Large Flower by Pretties by Bonnie and painted that with H20’s also… added the center with Liquid pearls by Ranger…

The brass corner… again a long time it has been waiting to be used…

A very special book and hopefully it will have a lot of use.


Okay… but it is also for three challenges!!!!

One Challenge is Simon Says… and for that challenge you have to create LAYERS… I think I have enough of them..

Another Challenge is for Crazy 4 Challenges… and for this one you have to have something that is BOOK RELATED… well this is a book…

And then for Stamping Vacation… you have to pick three items from this list… Circle tag, string, vellum, frame, image with a building, brad, black paper, eyelet, and yellow….I have the string, frame and the color yellow…

I hope that you have enjoyed all the info I have put into this post.. the book size is 5” x 7” and the paper I used for the pages is ivory/cream cardstock… I didn’t want thin pages for this book…

I used acid free cardboard for the book cover and back….

Thanks for stopping by for a visit… and check out these challenges and join a few… if not all of them… Have a fun and safe holiday week-end…


Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie



4 comments:

  1. What a treasure this is, Bonnie! I hope the recipient will be half as impressed as I am with the beautiful cover, and I'm sure the inside is even more gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this spectacular piece with us!! Hugs, GF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous artsy creation, Bonnie! Amazing details! Someone will surely treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bonnie, I apologize for my ignorance above! I should have looked at the correct picture you submitted. Obviously it wasn't the pears! DUH (I'm saying this)! I DID see another creation below the pears but never thought to keep scrolling, girl, you are a creating machine. I love it! So unique and definitely one of a kind. It's very hard to be an original in blogland, as everyone seems to want the status quo, but you are just wonderful in your own right with these stunning creations! Thanks for e-mailing me about my little note on top an thanks so much for participating in our PICK 3 Challenge over at SV. You now have an entry toward the $25.00 gift voucher for Flourishes! Don't forget about our blog hop on Sept. 25 & 26. Good luck * take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift this book will make. Lucky friend. Love the clay faces and that cut out flower! They are awesome! Love all the shimmer too. Thank you for joining us at the Stamping Vacation challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete