Followers

Friday, September 3, 2010

Today it's 5 challenges... !!!! WOW!


I am going to start off with the most recent challenge I have done.. and this is for Phyllis Long of Texas... she is Queen for the Day... and rightfully so too.. what a pretty gallery she has...
So I chose a card that she cased for Peggy Sue... as I love the colors that Phyllis used... and was going to do a pink and green card... but the pink turned to Cranberry... and the green stayed green.. but a little bit darker...!!!! LOL.. things just change... and sometimes I think I am just along for the ride... love it all too.



Okay... so I changed the colors... and I changed the Cuttlebug dies she used... and I added a few more layers... but this is me... right???
Layers are a must... the more pop dots I use the better I like it... and I used a lot on this one..
I used the Polka Dots and the Holly Stripes by Cuttlebug... adn then I used a loopy punch by Miss Martha... and then a couple of new spellbinders... a heart punch also by Martha... and then I used the cardinal stamp by Just Rite... love it... all my new stamps...
I have promised a lot of you that I would share my studio with you... and I have decided that I will show you my organizational skills in the studio... as that is really a lot more impressive...
I will try and start on that soon..

A big Cranberry Burgandy Bow... and I ran the ribbon under the card... as I love the tied look of ribbon on a card like this...
Congratulations Phyllis on being Queen for the DAY.... You totally deserve it... you are a very loving and generous person... and always happy to help others... I know you certainly have helped me a lot of times when I couldn't get a card posted... still having trouble... just spent over 2 hours getting these cards up on here... dial up is so much fun!!!!! UGH!!!!

Okay... today on the Fun 4 All Challenge we were to make a card with BIRDS on it... with a cage, or anything that we desired to do... so I had been working on this leaf block cut... and had just finished a couple of sheets of paper with ink... tomorrow or soon I will use some paints and see what kind of mess I can make with that... love to do these fun messy projects...
So I wanted to create something fun with this block print... so I cut a sheet of the paper... took a gold pen and went around the leaves... and then tied some hemp twine around it... and added a flower (made from pages of an old book) and a bird cage... both are from Tim HOltz's newest sizzix dies... the bird is part of the cage die... and so I painted it with Twinkling H20's...
I added a leaf from that I had inked with black... and had cut out... and was done...

Here is what the block die looks like.. .You can buy these sheets of rubber that would remind you of a thin eraser and then using special knives you cut it out... this one was very simple... but on the other side of it, I have another design... maybe I will print with that next... never can tell.

This was another card for the BIRD Challenge... I just love all my new Just Rite Stamps... have you ever used them... they are very easy to use and mix and match with spellbinders, Cuttlebug folders and have tons of fun... if you are interested let me know... I sell them all..
On this card.... I made the background paper with twinkling H20's...
WE were also suppose to use a color that we don't use too often... and I don't use too much yellow... so that is why I chose yellow...
I then used some new Dies from Spellbinder... pooping each layer up... and then adding the
finch Just Rite Stamp... Oh how very lovely...
A YELLOW bow... and done..


Okay..... now yesterday we were suppose to do a one sheet card... I misunderstood the first time... and thought it was to use ONE COLOR... so I went to town using my favorite all white papers....
I used the Poinsettia frame from last year... and layer it with a frame using Martha's punches...
Then cut the center out of all the layers... inside I used a a sheet of embossed paper which I embossed with Cuttlebugs Holly stripe... love that folder...
In the center the focal point... I used a Christmas ornament by Just Rite... I used four of them... glued all togehter and created a ball look... dangling from the center of the window...
A thin burgandy riboon and I was done... love it.. don't you.. ???

Okay... so then after I realized I had messed up... I went back... re read the challenge... and created a card with ONE SHEET OF WHIT PAPER!!!!
I ran the card thru the cuttlebug Holly stripe... and then used my spellbinder scalloped circle and circle to create the focal point... and then using Just Rite... created the holly and ornament for the card... I love these ornaments... I think they are going to be a favorite of mine...
I used a combination of markers and paints to color this... and then used Cranberry liquid pearls for the scalloped edges...

This is what I have done .... in between a lot of other things in the past two days!!!!
So if you need any Cuttlebug folders. Spellbinders, or Just Rite Stamps... let me know...
They are all great to use... and when used together WOW... what a good feeling.. .love playing with them all.
Thanks for stopping by... and have a safe and wonderful week-end if you are going away...
if not, I will most likely see you back here tomorrow...
Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. Bonnie
    These are such lovely cards. I especially love the bird and bird cage with the old book flower. Must be the fall colors that got me. :)
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity is endless!! :-) All are lovely but my recent fave is the cardinal card! It just really is eye-catching in the red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Absolutely gorgeous, Bonnie! I saw that punch at Mike's today....top card. I wondered what it would look like! Beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards, one and all! the Cardinal really strikes me....and the RED! Mom LOVES cardinals, so I'll definitely have to try and case it for her!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! Just when I think I am keeping up with comments, you come along and pop out five cards all at once! They are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete