Followers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Daffs


Daffodils… a wonderful spring flower… I just received this set… and so wanted to give this to a friend with a bunch of freshly picked Daffodils.. but I settled for some forsythia and this card… she is going thru a rough time and wanted to cheer her up..
So here is the card…
I used the Lovely Daffodil set from Just Rite and then hand cut the daffs out… and then used a spellbinder to cut the oval out… I used my Distress inks (shabby shutters) around the edges of the beaded oval.  And then adorned with some pearls…  
The embossed background is called Deco Burst by Cuttlebug ... It is such a fun embossing folder, as you can stencil also with it.. 
which I did and used Frayed Burlap distress inks by Tim Holtz... 
I added some light green pearls in the eyelets... 
On the edges of that, I used some Parisian accents by Spellbinder... and used a Bazzill paper..  down at the bottom... a Martha Stewart punch of leaves... just done in white with some accents on it using my new Memento Markers that I WON in a Just Rite Challenge... love them... they are so very nice to use...  lovely colors too... you will be seeing a lot of these on my work... 
I also colored the daffs with them... two of the yellows and two of the greens... 

The sentiment...  again a Just Rite... that I stamped in the center of a Spellbinder cutie... love these little types of dies that just sort of fit into all kinds of places that we need them too..  You really can't ask for more.... 

I had an entirely different layout planned.. but it didn't work out... so this is what I came up with...  I really did have fun making this card... and hope that your weather is STARTING to act like spring...   It is beautiful here... doors open and fresh air in the house... love it... so very wonderful....  
Have a wonderful day... and play hardy...  
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love daffodils. Maybe mine will bloom soon, we still have cold weather here in Ohio. Can't wait for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous spring card, Bonnie! Thanks for joining in the JR Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete