Followers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Pleated paper on the Card and Box


Pleated paper on card and box… plus a little frill to add dimension to the pleating… 
The Card and the Box 

When I saw the challenge this week on Just Rite, I knew exactly what I wanted to do… so all I had to do, was to create it.. I love off white and white mixed.. and a little bit of pink and green.. oh wow… really sent my heart to beating fast… 
The Card


The Challenge is to make a spring or Birthday card, with an envelope or box to match… I knew that the card I was going to make would not fit comfortably into an envelope… so I would make a box that would match… and then I would also make a card with a fancy envelope too… 
Close up of Just Rite Medallion


Okay… so I gathered up my papers, punches and Pretties by Bonnie… and was set to create this card and box… 
Close up of the two


Pleating the off white paper… punching the edging using a Martha Stewart punch… and then adding the medallion made from the Just Rite stamps… a few leaves from a Spellbinder set… and I was almost done… I made a few flowers using a 2, 1.5 and 1.25 inch flower from Pretties by Bonnie collection… painted them… and then molded them… adding a large pearl in the center… the Card… it is 6 x 6 inches… the box… it is 4 inches square… bows and trims added … and I was pleased… of course these already will used for a special person’s birthday… hope she loves is like I do… 
Top of pleated box 

That is the hardest part of making some of these cards, gifts and books… it is giving them away… they are a part of me… and I love them… each and every one of them.. I love to look thru the BOXES and BOXES of them that I have created… really a lot of love has gone into making them all… 


Hope that you enjoy this set… and that it inspires you to make a matching set… or to plant some seeds to create a pretty blooming area in your yard… that is the next item on my list of to do’s…. 


Thanks for stopping by for a visit… make sure you scroll down to see the other cards that I have made for this challenge…
Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie  

7 comments:

  1. Bonnie all of your entries into this weeks JustRite challenge are beautiful, but this is my favorite. I love all the details on the box. It is absolute gorgeous. Look like another winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie
    This is such a gorgeous set. I just love the way you use the colors and all the gorgeous punches. (of course Pretties by Bonnie are the best)
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, this is BEAUTIFUL. Love all the details. I have got to get me some of the Just Rite stamps and Spellbinders. Do you have a template for the box? TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What more can I say. This is total beauty. Both pieces just melt my heart. Flowers, Lovely, Colors, Lovely, Layout, Lovely. Good luck with the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great box! These colors are very soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie your colors are very pretty. Hope you got your blooming area in your yard done. Will be weeks here before that can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous box and card, Bonnie -- thanks for playing in JustRite's challenge!

    ReplyDelete