Followers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Flowers Feed the SOUL


Flowers Feed the SOUL…. How very true…
A card for the Just Rite Challenge to make a spring card with a matching envelope… 

I am sure that in your life, there are certain things that remind you of a season… burning leaves is a typical fall one… smelling balsam is a Christmas smell… even though balsam is a good smell year round…

Well Daffodils remind me 100 % of Spring… they scream SPRING is HERE… now… mine are all blooming out on the front lawn… I love it.. they are telling me that spring is here… and come on out and play… So I added these to my spring card… and this special Birthday Celebration set by Just Rite… wow I love the stamps in it… they are all so me… I love this one with the wreath of tiny little precious flowers all around the circle… and each time you color them another color … it takes on an entirely different look and feeling.. this time I cut the wreath out by hand to give it another look… and added the bouquet of daffodils from another Just Rite Set…   I put them onto a new Spellbinders die… I still don’t’ have all the names down on all these new ones… but it is a favorite… (p.s.  which Spellbinder isn’t???  I love them all… don’t you??)   And then I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to create the dotted swiss background that was put onto the Martha Stewart loop frame… which I used my Bundled Sage distressing ink pad to color… 

Of course the flowers… they are Pretties by Bonnie… with a pretty black pearl in the center…just one layer… simple little buttercups…  I used a Fancy Label which I had painted with Twinkling H20’s…  for the turquoise accent…

Hope that spring is SCREAMING around your house… and that you can go out and enjoy the smells of Spring…  Thanks for taking time out to come by for a visit… I certainly do enjoy you….  Have a fun day…
Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie  

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie
    How can spring be very far away with those gorgeous daffodils? Lovely new Spellbinders die.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Spring like! The inside of the envelope is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete