Followers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Tea Bag Medallions

I love making Tea Bag Medallions...
I also Love designing the actual Tea Bags too... I have made literally millions and millions of them... and then I create the exact size of the tea bag I need for my project... it can be from 1 inch square to 6"square... but generally I use about a 1.5 inch square tile... and print them out, cut them all out and then FOLD each piece exactly the same way... and then turn it into a medallion... so the actual medallion can take me anywhere from an hour to a couple of hours to make from beginning to the end..

This one is one of the many wreaths that I love to make... the tile is one with pinks and greens... so since this just so happens to be a favorite color combination.. .I use it often... The green background paper I also made with a resist technique... and then used the Martha Punch to create the Hearts... and a Spellbinder to create the black lace... the paper where the wreath is put on... I also painted and made that paper with my H20's... what else..


This GOLDEN wreath was made with a little bit of a different fold... and then all fitted one into the next until it formed a wreath...
The rust paper was on my workshop table... as I had punch the bird out for another card!!! And so there it was... needing to be used... so I put a yellow border down the left side... and piece of ribbon over the center... added some pearls on the corners... and a bow on the wreath.. and it was done...



This card... Oh my goodness ... I love these Beeswax background stamps... this one is the daisy one... and I used a resist technique on this paper too.. .and then used my Ranger reinkers to color... a little Martha lace.. and then some K and Company paper... and a medallion to match... a little flower from Pretties from Bonnie collection... and a nice peach pearl.. .and it is another Birthday card... ready to go..

Another simple card... I used a sketch design 273 to create this card...
The background paper is uncut ta bag tiles... they match the tiles I used for the medallion... Then a piece of paper I made with Twinkling H 20's... (just a little note for those of you who have never seen this paper painted... the paper twinkles... there is mica in the paint... it is very delicate and elegant... ) Then a scalloped circle cut from a spellbinder.. with pearls all around the sides... I pleated some paper... and added pearls around the four corners... and put the Happy Birthday on the pleats... Very simple for me...

Hope that you enjoy this collection of cards... and please make sure you scroll down.. there are a lot more cards that I have posted today... thanks for visiting my blog... and leaving any comments... I love to know who is feeling what... thanks... Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. You have been a busy bee, Bonnie! Wow! Love these! Don't think I have seen this tech before! Beautiful creations, Bonnie! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holey Toledo! These folds are amazing! what gorgeous cards you have created with them! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all of your teabag fold card designs, Bonnie. each one is more and more beautiful!! You are so talented with so many different techniques, it's hard to keep up with you! Awesome work, as always, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the queen of techniques bonnie-I loved this one you showed today-it would be hard to pick a fav-but possibly the golden wreath

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have had an itch to do some tea bagging lately thanks for the prompt, love these, you are obviously an expert!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZA!! What wonderful tea bag cards!

    ReplyDelete