Followers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

More Technique cards

On Saturday I taught a class of gals some fun techniques... and we did have fun... and they learned a lot of fun things to do and ways to create with things.

This card on the left.. Magic Happens was created with reinkers by Ranger... a few drops on glossy paper... and magic happens...

Also the flowers around the edge... they were made with something that you most likely have thrown away... Do you have the little felt pads that you put on the Tim Holtz stamper with handle... either you have used alcoholic inks or reinkers and created a masterpiece... and then you thrown these little pieces of felt away... well... I knew that I would find a use for them somehow.. and here they are cut into little flowers... and also a leaf...

This card was mounted with a spellbinder frame... and also I used a Martha set to create the soft green bird with twigs...

The Ways to Use it Challenge today is to incorporate a pin into a card... so I created a little tag, and put it onto the card with the pin...
This card was created with some paper that I made by spritzing... I love to spritz... and always get a lot more spritzed than the paper... but that is what it is all about...
After spritzing about 15 sheets of paper... I then ran some thru the Big shot with some Cuddlebug folders... just randonly done... you really come out with some really fantastic papers... So this is one...
After they come out of the cuddlebug I then use a Distressing Ink Pad by Tim Holtz and add the additional color or colors..
Another felted flower has been added along with a couple of black small pearls for accents... and a little black bow...

I then made my frame with a labels template from Spellbinders... and then used the dotted swill cuddlebug template for the frame... a little Martha punching around the top.. and it was done...



This one was basically done the same... different colors and a few more pearls for accents around the frame...

The Pansy punches are so very sweet.. I love that set...

Hope that you will try some of these fun techniques to create some interesting back ground papers... they are so very different... and no two are alike at all..

Have a fun day...
For those of us that love to go to SCS... we are plum out of luck at this point.. maybe later it will open up again...

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

P.S. We got an e-mail from our son, Brett who is Peru... and they got there safe and sound.. they are in Lima, and went to a vegan cafe that they had picked out prior to going to Peru.. and came across a wall mural there that was painted by a man from NJ that our son knew... the owner of the cafe told them all kinds of places to go and see... and also of a really neat Hostal to stay at... the owner of the cafe also had a biodynamic farm... and all the food in the cafe was from there... they really are having a fun time.. I have a funny story to tell you also...

You would really have to know our son to totally enjoy this ... but he is just so calm at times... that nothing seems to bother him.. He is very loving and kind.. but sometimes in another world entirely.... So here is the piece that I wrote to put in his book I am making on his trip...


On May 3, 2010 Brett and Casey were taking off for Peru… when they got to the airport, they called us to say good bye… Brett told us that he was tired… the friend that had taken them to the airport had stayed overnight and they sat up visiting etc… and now he was tired… “Oh I meant to tell you.. when we got to the airport… I had to go to the bathroom.. .so I went into the bathroom and headed for a stall.. and there were three women standing there, which I thought was a little funny… but went into the stall and did my thing… came out and looked at the women standing there and left the bathroom.. when I got out I thought that was funny that there were women in the men’s room… and looked to see that I had just visited the LADIES ROOM…” Only Brett could pull that off and not get into fuss over it… LOL.. Oh Brett .. what a fun way to start such a fantastic exploration… love it… Hope that you and Casey have a wonderful trip and time of your life..

***************


Thought you would all get a kick out of that funny story...

Have a fun day..

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the story. HeeHee. I think he has your sense of humor!! I just love all these cards, and I bet the girls did too!! Lovely colors!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these beautiful frames, Bonnie! So pretty with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that funny family story...sounds like they are having a ball exploring Peru! BTW, I got the MOST GORGEOUS Mother's Day card in the mail from a dear cyber friend who is VERY talented! I'll bet you know her well - lol! Many thanks for your thoughtfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are terrific projects bonnie-I love the pansie border punch-is it a Martha punch? so you have a son named brett as well-my brett is the joy of my heart-sounds like yours makes you happy as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a crack up, he definitely has the right disposition for a great holiday... just go with the flow! Which you have done with your great technique cards, they look great Bonnie, and I love your felt recycling, right up my alley... well done friend!

    ReplyDelete