Followers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Awake at night???

Have you ever had one of those nights where you can't sleep... the only thing I can honestly blame it on, is that I cleaned out tons of drawers in the studio yesterday.. and then I went on into the office and did the same... then into my hubbies papers and did the same... and I got rid of so much that I felt LIGHTER!!!! Like a ton lighter... LOL... anyway... I slept for about 3 hours... and then I had these cards roaming around in my head... so I got up and started to play...

This card was the first one that happened... and it is made from some paper that I made about two years ago... and of course I found when I was cleaning up.. I cut it into smaller pieces and then mounted onto a paper a little bit larger and then put onto the card...

My Friend Mary Taylor gave me these beautiful flowers a few weeks ago... and I had them in a very special place... and was waiting for the right card to be made that I needed something special to put on it... so here they are... I love them... Thanks again Mary... I added my own leaves and my favorite little bird on the nest.
Here is a close up of the flowers...
I added Liquid Pearls to the stamen... I love the effect... I colored the flowers with Markers...

The background paper is made on water color paper... with Twinkling H20's and a purple glittery resin of some kind.. since I made the paper two years ago, I am not really sure what it was that I used...

Memory is a good thing when you have it... when you don't it doesn't matter... you just can't remember anyway... so just enjoy!!!!


Vicki Dutcher asked us to make a Red, White and Blue card... and I combined it with the Challenge for F4A11 which was to use a gel pen... I made the dots all around the boxes on my card... I popped a butterfly for the focal point... and added a little box of butterflies created with a Martha Stewart punch set... I love it...















I also made this one with a medallion made from rectangle papers that were only 1" X 1.5 " big... it is more difficult the smaller the papers are... but I love the effect... put the medallion on a Spellbinder Pendant called Lattice... a few pearls and a little lace created by Martha Punches...

I had to make a Man's card for a friends husbands birthday... I really had a difficult time as I always do with masculine cards... but I do like the effects... I had made the elephant on the cardstock that I also made a while ago... and also found that when cleaning up... So many good things and I now sort of know where they are... LOL.. I will at least be able to find them...
The BG paper that the elephant is printed on is done with acrylic paints.. and then using bubble wrap to pring the white... I love the effect... Thanks April Williams for sharing this technique with me... I love it... And then Beverly Baxley let me borrow her Elephant stamp... he is WONDERFUL... thanks Bev... I love it... So with a little help from my friends... (wasn't that a song??? ) I was able to create this wonderful card...

Hope you all have a lovely day... I have a friend coming over in a few minutes to play... and we do play hardy... all day long... so thanks for taking a look... and visiting my blog...
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a sleepless night but happy this is what you did with your time. What a visual delight your creations are, these are all incredible!! I love the background on the first card, WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You were one wide awake girl to create all of these wonderful cards! Sorry for your sort of sleepless night, but the eye candy was sure worth it! Beautiful cards, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, you are on a roll, Bonnie! So many fabulous creations! The paper you made for the first card is just gorgeous! Beautifully done, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Bonnie, I really am drawn to the first one in the lavenders and greens! It's so beautiful! Yes, I'm right there with you when it comes to sleepless nights. I think I was still awake at 4 a.m. Isn't aging grand?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie - WOW! Amazing cards and beautiful work! Thanks so much for supporting Speedy's Friends. See the announcement on todays post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your red white and blue because I always have trouble with this color combination! Great cards!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the background on the flower card. The flowers are so pretty!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I am glad you played, awesome results, I do this too... better than being awake for no reason, hope you are sleeping better now!

    ReplyDelete