Followers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Birds and branches...

Todays challenge made be want to do birds and branches... so I did...

This card on the left... wow... one day when three friends came over to play... we took acrylic paints and put them onto paper with a brayer... and then used bubble wrap to put the white on... I loved this technique... and one of the gals... Beverly... she had these great Tim Holtz Stamps... so I used the bird and the elephant one.. great images Beverly...

Okay... so I had to pick up that lovely turquoise/aqua color... and did so with the border paper... which I also used a Martha punch on...
My Spellbinders never get too much of a rest... I used Label 10 on this card... and trimmed it out with a row on the top and bottom of Black pearls... I had so many extras of them... and wanted to balance out my collection.. LOL.. funny how we use more of one thing than another... but that is life. I love the big sheer black bow on this... I think I will have to make some more of these papers... Thanks April for showing me how to create that lovely look... I really love it.

Okay... for me to do a simple card is very difficult... for some reason I always feel that more is better... and then I have a really complicated card... this was so easy peasy... Stamped the lovely branch stamp... by Inka ...and then rounded the corners and mounted onto the bird and branch border paper... added the largest black pearls I have... and it was done... the elegance of the card also is that it was created in Bazzill paper... so it is a rich looking card when held in your hand...

Hope you enjoy these ...
I certainly had fun making them...
Thanks for taking a look and would love to know your opinion of them... thanks for visiting my blog.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous bg for that bird!! Great colors!! I understand when you say it's hard to do simple!! I keep wanting to add too. this B/W card is wonderful!! Happy Mother's Day, my sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, you're on a creative roll this w/e!! Love seeing the cool BG using the bubble wrap...love the girl walking out of the Nestie shape...love that twig border punch...love lots and lots of details...too numerous to mention - lol! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, GF, you are on a roll! Two beautiful creations! Love all this dp your are creating! The black and white card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great inspired cards bonnie-I really like the ms punch

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW to that border punching, how fun is that, looks great on both card, love the colours of the first and the fab birdie label... and I love the B&W of the 2nd, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete