Followers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Batik Background and Gilded bird

Oh I had so many new things to play with... and couldn't make up my mind what to play with first... I got some of the new Tim Holtz' Sizzix templates... the one with the Bird cage and the sign post... I use the cage and the hanger for the signpost... and then used a piece of my batik paper that I had just made...

I used a music embossing folder for the background of the cage... it had to be alittle bit on the quiet side... or it got lost... you know there is such a learning curve for me when I get something new ... does that happen to you???
Anyway... I think I embossed every single folder to get the right one... and I had 4 new ones... and did like one of them behind this.. maybe I have to play a little bit more... what a shame... !!!!!

Anyway I used some distressing inks on the music embossing and liked the looks of that... then I needed a nice little bird... so I printed some sheet music and drew a bird... and had what I wanted.. I distressed the batik paper... as I will enter this also into the WT270 Challenge later... if I have time... time is slipping by so very fast today... not enough... can some one please turn the clocks back about 5 hours.. thanks...

Hope you enjoyed what you saw today... leave a comment and let me know... Thanks a million..
Thanks for stopping by... Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. The birdcage and wrought iron bare are so spectacular!! I love the embossed sheet music behind this, I can almost hear the birdies sing!! We have soe noisy little fellow out in the willow tree right in front of our bedroom window. You wouldn't think a creature that small can put out that kind of noise, that little bugger keeps me awakw most of the summer, starting at about 4 a.m. NOT so cute, that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! You picked the right EF for your image and the distressing and colors are perfect touches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, the bird and cage is so well sequenced with the music themed elements, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete