Followers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Birthday Challenge



The other day, I received an E-mail the other day inviting me to a challenge... what a GREAT idea... gee whiz.. I think I will do this one..

It was for a BOYS birthday!!!
Oh wow.. .this is not an easy one for me... but a challenge is a challenge at times and should not be easy all the time.. .right???

So onward I moved.. I chose the image I was going to use.. .and then the style card... which is called the wiper... because a little wiper pops up when you open the card...

What could me more perfect for a little boy who is turning 6... a card that has a moving part!!!!
This is the card FRONT... and when you open it....


This little 'wiper' or flag pops up and on this one I put the number 6... along with a banner that says TODAY I AM...

Oh so special for a little 6 year old boy...
Anyway... some of the other details on this card..
On the front panel, I painted the back paper with Twinkling H20's... and then put a little gold on it to match the gold outline around the spellbinder labels.. Which I also ran thru the Cuddlebug Dotted Swiss folder... and then used Distress ink by Tim Holtz to show the dotted swiss a little bit more...

I also did an out of the 'box' cut with the spellbinder... you can see it better on the top view... with the horn and also with the birthday candles on the 'so many candles' label...


On the side panel (that is hidden when you first open the card) I have used a Martha Stewart punch and and then some punched balloons to give some Happy Birthday messages. Each Balloon has a thin gold thread attached to a brad...

All the coloring on this card was done with colored pencils... as I wanted a soft look to the card..

I really had to work to get the look I wanted with this card... but did have fun with it... After all ... I love creating these kinds of fun cards...









This is the color palette I had to use for this card... In real life the colors do match up..





After doing that one, I had a smaller one done, and so I started to fool around with that for the SCS Challenge of TLC275... which was to create a tent card...

Which is really cutting an opening ... and allowing something to 'swing' from an a shaped card.. (when you look at it sideways it is an A shape)

So I added some of the left over balloons... used some Happy Birthday stickers around the label opening...

Make a wish Birthday boy!!!!
Happy 6 years old...

This card has a Yellow in the back ground paper.. other wise it is also good for the challenge on InLinkz... Check on the side panel to go for more details..

Hope you have had a wonderful holiday week-end... and that you are ready for a full week of having fun with paper... lots and lots of paper and FUN...
Thanks for visiting my BLOG... and I love to have you come here and visit... leave me a message once in a while... Thanks..

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. Totally fantastic, Bonnie! Love the boy cards you created and the tent styling is fantastic! Amazing detailing and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is an AWESOME card! I love the details and the image is so stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun couple of little kid cards Bonnie! I love all the decorations on the wiper card - they are so cool! and what cute little images on both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love different kinds of cards, and wiper cards are such fun! Great choice for making this boy's birthday!! Fab job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, look at all the details on your boy cards! Super cute creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great lot of fun details for the little lads, love this look!

    ReplyDelete