Followers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Making flowers

Saturday I taught a class on technique... but the girls really wanted to know more about flower making... so I shared a few ideas and ways to make some pretty flowers... The other night at our stamp group meeting Ellen had brought some of the flowers she had made with a 6 pedal flower punch... but I didn't have one at all.. I had 5 and 7 and 9 and 12... so I made some flowers using those punches...

I love the way that they come out and the girls certainly had fun making them too..

This is one that I did in pink... and of course had to make the lacey background using the Martha Stewart punches...

I also added a few tiny silk flowers that I had laying around... a bow and some pearls just to add to the more feminine look... and I was done...







Here is a close up view of the flower area...








This Kraft and cream card was made again with a Martha Punch... and then I took a brown paper bag and painted it with gesso and created the flower from that... how much fun is that...






















A close up of the flower area...
If you look real close you can see the green on the brown paper.. that is the printing from the bag!!!











This is just a another brown bag flower... and a little bit of cuddlebug action in the back with a border using a punch from MS.















I just love this little card... very simple and yet a lot went into making it... first off I spritzed some paper with Marmalade ink by Ranger... and then after it totally dried I made the flower.. and put glitter all over the edges.. .you can see that below in the close up...
Then I made the batik paper with embossing with clear and then layers of inking and distressing the paper... Torn edges and a bow and that is it..



A close up of the cute little orange flower...



















Now this flower was done with a spellbinder daisy... the ends of the flower were trimmed off with a pair of deckled edge scissors.. (you know the ones that we had to have all the funny cutting edges with... LOL.. and I am sure that we don't use them very often at all.. all the ones that are sitting around in a drawer collecting dust... we should sell them to new crafters... or maybe give them to a school that will use them... ) Anyway that is what I used on the edges... otherwise this is made the same as the other flowers...
This is what the whole card looks like... (I am now having problems with this blog... and can't write down next to the card... so I will say my goodbyes' and then you can scroll down to see the card...

Hope that you have enjoyed all these cards and flowers... I also wanted to share with you all the mens cards that we made at our stamp group meeting... all mens' cards.. and each card is really GREAT... love them all.. don't know how I will use so many MEN's cards.. but will try.. .

Thanks for stopping by to visit... and hope that you have a wonderful Sunday... and get all rested for a fun filled busy week ahead...

Enjoy your day today...

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

9 comments:

  1. The flowers are gorgeous! Marie will have to show me how to make these! Of course the cards are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, Bonnie, these are all just drop-dead gorgeous!! I just love seeing different paper flowers...though doubt the Prima company likes them - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wish I had attended you flower class! Such beautiful, beautiful flowers and cards, Bonnie! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all your cards today bonnie-my fav is the kraft & cream card-the ms border punch is awesome-my fav flower is the one you made with the spellbinders daisy-it looks like a rose-laughed about the comment on those scissors-I have about 8 ofthem and yes they are collecting dust

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Lovely job with all the gorgeous flowers Bonnie, you have a whole garden in one post, I am sure the students were impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey GF! Why don't you come and visit me, and teach me how to make those gorgeous flowers!LOL!! Every card you made is so extraordinary!! WOW! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a wonderful variety of flowers on these gorgeous cards Bonnie! love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness at a stunning suite of gorgeous with fabulous handmade flowers, Bonnie! Awesome work and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful cards Bonnie! I am truly amazed at the intricate details that you weave through all your cards!

    ReplyDelete