Followers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bulb in Red


This is today's sketch Challenge...
I love the way it is... at first it was a little unknown to me.. and didn't really know what to do with it... but when I moved it around I found that I could make it into a bulb holder...!!!! LOL

So this is what I did to create this card...





I had to use my spritzers… it was just something that I HAD to do… so I created all these papers and then followed the sketch… which, Roxie I LOVE it… great one again… you seem to do it everyweek… great after great sketch…

Anyway.. I spritzed all my papers… and then wanted them to all be of different textures etc… so I ran them thru different Cuddlebug folders… and then I layered them. I didn’t want the rectangle in the front.. so I cut it out in the shape of a heart.. and then added the red bulb… another must… I painted it with my Twinkling H2O's by Dreaming in Color paints… and then I glazed it with Diamond glaze.. only problem… is that it didn’t dry as quickly as I needed it too.. .I let it dry an hour… but was still a little runny… so that is why the bulb looks a little ‘milky’ … it has too much glaze on the bulb area from taking the picture of it… LOL… Oh well it is okay now… The glaze just makes the bulb and flower stand out so much more…

Using a Cuddlebug template, I cut out the words Kindred Spirit… and put them on… LOVE it… It will go to a very special friend… and she will love it…


Off to play... and make some more paper... more cards... and maybe work on my technique journal... a lot of fun every time I enter the studio...

Thanks for taking a look at my artsy card… and have a super day…

Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie


11 comments:

  1. Love your spritzed papers and all the wonderful textures on this great card Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created a masterpiece here!! Love the colors and textures, what a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your textures, colors and especially love that amaryllis image! Using the heart instead of another rectangle is a unique idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cards are so artsy bonnie-I really like this one-I have never made paper the way you do-creative

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous papers you have created, Bonnie The flower is just beautiful! Beautiful and creative work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Bonnie! Love your "designer" papers! Great colors and detailing! Lovely card! Thank you so much for my sweet card I received in the mail today! It is gorgeous! You are a DOLL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie - this is a work of art! All your texture and blending.. Oh yeah! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and those papers....oh, la la!!
    I received the most beautiful card in the mail yesterday! So exquisite! Thanks so much for the Mother's Day wishes! I will have my mom with me on Sunday but my daughter will be in Tennessee....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Bonnie, I just love your style, so colorful and artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Check out all the fabulous colour and texture on this, it screams Bonnie to me!! And that sentiment is all about you too, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bright colors on this card! Great job! You have really been playing lately, I see!

    April

    ReplyDelete