Followers

Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Letter J

J...  Oh what a fun project this book is turning into...  
 I think that some of you know me well enough to know that I am very prolific... in so many ways... 

The letter J... it stands for Jellies and Jams...  
When I was pregnant with out daughter I wanted to have everything perfect for happy time with her... and I wanted to do so many things with her... and one of the things I wanted to do... was to teach her how to cook, prepare foods for her family...  (which I have to add she is an excellent cook and creates all kinds of fun foods for family... I am so very tahnkful for that... )  anyway... I was a couple of months pregnant and had a craving for some fresh strawberries... and there just so happened to be a pick it yourself farm down the street... so off I went...  I totally enjoyed myself...  and would go and pick everyday... (of course I would eat my fair share too...  LOL... the farmer knew that we all ate a lot ...  he would laugh at us...  Oh I always went picking with a friend or two... everyone loves fresh strawberries...  so it was easy...  )   anyway... by the end of the month I had quite a collection of strawberries...  enough to start to sell actually...  but I knew that we would eat all the jelly...  LOL... we did... but it took us over 3 years...  

Any by that time, I was pregnant with our son... when the farmer, John Post by name saw me coming.. he raised his hands again when he saw I was pregnant and said... "  There go my profits this year again!"    I laughed... what else could I do..  but I didn't eat as many...  and I also made quite a bit more... because now there would be more of us... and also my daughter was with me picking and she always wanted her own basket too...  and yes she would eat too...  

Actually the farmer became a very good friend of ours... and since he also had kids... we grew to know them too... his son now has the business... but he grows .... PUMPKINS...  a lot better... no one by the deer can eat your profits... LOL...  

Anyway... J...  a fun letter...  jelly and jams... 
 I also made jewelry for a few years...  wrapped crystals, and other gem stones... and we sold them to stores from Maine to Virginia...  and had a real blast doing it... our kids were in home schooling and so we took trips all over the northeast of the USA and the kids loved it too.. camping as much as possible... and enjoying the days together...  

I look back on some of these times and wonder where the time has gone...  but realize that it is all right here in my mind... present as ever...  

Hey... have a JOLLY day...  and make some jellies and jams when you have some berries... or some fruit... 

 
I decided that I should commit to doing the Creative EveryDay challenge… and so I signed up and will be doing a piece every day for a month… nothing really different for me… as art is my life in so many ways… but I will try and share more with you each day… 

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie  

2 comments:

  1. This is such an enjoyable post. I am with you, I have no idea where the years have gone but they are there, tucked away in my mind (somewhere).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post and your zen tangles are gorgeous ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete