Followers

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Letter I

Now I bet you are wondering at this point.. what is she going to say about the letter I...  oh well... it is a story... that is for sure... 

In 1970 we bought a house ... and the color of the brick was HORRIBLE... I couldn't' stand it...it was a yucky orangy tan color.... and so I bought some English Ivy and planted it all around the foundation... hoping that it would grow fast and cover the brick up... 

I didn't realize how invasive it was...  my Husband kept on telling me to pull it all down off the house...  and I kept on telling him that I forgot... as I wanted the brick covered...  Well one Christmas I was cleaning off the mantle over the fireplace and realized that the ivy had found a way into our home...  there was a little leaf showing it's little face!!!!  Oh wow...I still insisted on having my ivy... so I would just make sure I would trim the leaf every week...  

I did forget, and one day my Husband found a long branch poking out from behind a family members picture... and he went out and pulled all the ivy up... boo hoo...  

He was right in doing it... and I was wrong.. but I love English ivy...  When we bought our farm, behind the house there were five tall poplar trees and then were all covered in English Ivy... I knew what their life span was at that point... my hubby let it grow for a few years... but he finally cut it off...  the ivy was chocking the trees and they were slowly dying... so the trees won out... and for that I am truly grateful...  

English Ivy is the I in my life...  LOL.. 

 I have to tell you that I really had fun with this TIA...  I just kept on adding and adding tangles... and finally there was no more room... so I had to start another letter...  


 Enjoy your list of ingredients you can play with today...  and become ingenious with it all... 


Here is another I that I did... it is lower case i....  and had so very much fun creating all the tangles on it...  some new... some old... but all different in so many ways...  
 When I find new tangles that I

have not done... I try them out... but then I have to do them a couple of times prior to really becoming familiar with them... so here I have done that with a few of them... 

 
I decided that I should commit to doing the Creative EveryDay challenge… and so I signed up and will be doing a piece every day for a month… nothing really different for me… as art is my life in so many ways… but I will try and share more with you each day… 

Just remember to have fun, enjoy every second of your life... and TANGLE... .LOL...  

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

2 comments:

  1. Great post and beautiful tiles. Great ivy story, we had a similar experience with ivy when I was a little girl. (Wasn't that day before yesterday?? LO)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely zen tangles and great ivy story ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete