Followers

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thanks for all the BOUNTY

Gratitude



'You ought to return thanks in a neat speech,' the Red Queen said, frowning at Alice as she spoke. . . . 
In fact it was rather difficult for her to keep in her place while she made her speech: the two Queens
pushed her so, one on each side, that they nearly lifted her up into the air: 'I rise to return thanks--'
Alice began: and she really DID rise as she spoke, several inches; but she got hold of the edge of
the table, and managed to pull herself down again.
-- Chapter 9, Through the Looking Glass
Okay... now that you have the details on this months theme... lets see what I did... LOL... I had FUN!!!  That is what I did...  I got out my alcohol inks, pens and palette,  paper and my new NATURES BLESSINGS stamps... 
(which I have to tell you this... when I received my Designer Team Stamps... they were wrapped in white tissue paper with the up most of CARE...  what a wonderful way to start a project... )   
So I un Wrapped my NEW Natures Blessings stamps and started to stamp them all.. oh I love these stamps... nice visions of happiness came across my face...  And I didn't have any of these wonderful stamps from Through the Looking Glass... what fun...  
Okay... then came the process or what to create...  
I knew that I was going to use my alcohol inks to color this beautiful stamps... and then what... ???? Think... ponder... think some more... go out of the studio and then come back in and tangle a little while... ..... all of a sudden it came to me... 
A book... a book of THANKS... So this is what I did...  
 I wanted to talk about THANKS.... Thanks for all the wonderful things that are around me... and Us...  so I created this little THANKS book... 
 On the front of each of the pages I have attached a letter...  spelling out the word THANKS.... (I used some Grundgeboard letters and painted them fall colors... but you would never know that I used 6 different colors... would you???  I used a Perfect pearls spray and I think that is what color took!!!  But I do love them... so that is all that counts anyway... right???  


 The first page is ALICE... with that cute little piglet...  and of course a funny sticker of a turkey... I had to use him as this was a Thanksgiving day theme...  GRATITUDE!!!  Thanks for all that you do...  



 I used some dyed seam binding ribbon for the colors on the rings... and love the way  they flow down the side of the book...  so fall and I might even glue some leaves on there too..  

Good Idea.. 
 T

So here are each of the pages prior to being put into the book form...  and I will tell you all about the meaning of each page...  

T= turkey...  and thanks for all the time that we have to create with...  Thanks for everything that we have in our lives... 
 H


 Because this is actually in the H section on the left hand side of the book...  it stands for rabbit... or hare...  LOL... even though this is truly the white rabbit.. it is still a hare!!!  

Haystacks...  hello letters, harvest in the fall... and homecoming of the kids...  and all the trimmings of the holiday....and for PUMPKIN PIES...  from the harvest... you can't just look at one thing... you have to look at the whole... right???  

Also H stands for my hubby.. as I am very thankful in so many ways that he is in my life... 
 I forgot to tell you... the leaf paper behind a lot of these pages I made with one rubber stamp that I also made... and used different colors ink to create a fun paper... and then using a 8.5 x 11 paper cut it for each page...  that was one piece of paper!!!  This book is 3.25 X 8 inches long...  a great size for this project...  

Okay... so that is all about H...  a good letter...  and I love these stamps... I hope that by now you have taken a look at the great ALICE selection that Nature's Blessings has...  REALLY WONDERFUL... and very fast service too...  


 A

There are so many things that A stands for... one is for this little rabbit ANNOUNCING that AUTUMN is here...  the APPLES are ready for the pies... and the AUTUMN leaves are falling...  
 I have to tell you that I love these Looking Glass stamps... I love them.. take a look at this UNICORN.... is he something... and that LION... GREAT going Alice with this AUTUMN CAKE....  


 N

Oh yes... so many things with N... we just don't maybe think of it...  the NEWLY fallen leaves.. the nesting of the little birds... do you feed the birds during the winter months when they can't find anything to nibble on...  do you thank them for all the sweet music that they give us all during the year...  look at all the colors in the leaves... so very vibrant and GREAT...  what a kaleidoscope of colors we have here this year...  the dogwood is the most vibrant red I have ever seen... and the yellows are just starting to form up... the oranges will be brilliant too...  
 And do we say GRACE with a flair... as the Mad Hatter does here...  with all his finery on...  We should thank ourselves everyday of the year for all we have in our lives... no matter how little it may seem... it is grand.  

Okay... now I would like to take a few side steps here and show you something that I JUST love... I have all the Distress line by Tim Holtz... and have found that coloring stamps can really be a lot of  fun... and you can get some great results with some great tools...  

So I wanted to really color these with a lot of flair... and so I grabbed my ALCOHOL inks and wanted to share this with you...  as I have shown these to so many people and they love it...  

You can use t he alcohol inks so many different ways.. but did you know this...  



 I love this stamp... Alice with these precious little kittens... and since this is for the K section... what could be more perfect???  Anyway... I wanted to have a nice little frame around this...  so I used a corner and border punch set... and then colored it with my alcohol inks...  



 The pieces that came out of the punches.. I saved and colored them too...  

I found this palette with a cover... made by Ranger and it is for the alcohol inks... you put some of the ink into each well... and let it DRY...  

Then using a refillable pen... you fill it with Solvent and can use that to pick up the color from the palette and color your stamped images...  I love the effect that it gives... it looks like water color... yet you have the control of a marker... 
 You can use the alcohol inks so many different ways.. but did you know this...


It is so very easy...  and will allow you another way to create with your Alcohol inks...  
 Okay... now you can use that same pen...  and fill it with the alcohol inks... 

and on the band mark it with the color ink you have used... 

Now go one step more...  you can CREATE your own colors...  
like a light green using blues and yellow inks...  what fun... each pen is naturally refillable by YOU... with YOUR own bottles of inks that you use for other alcohol ink projects... really fun...  '
 You don't have to have many... but hey... I love lots of colors... so I have a lot... and always find that I need more and more of these... to create new colors...  

Hope you have enjoyed this little side show...  now on with the main event... 
 K

 Here is ALICE in all her glory with these cute little kittens...  I love it.. and she is GRATEFUL for them... she loves them dearly...  



 And here is Alice trying to project herself from a storm of little leaves... (the ones I punched out... )   So much fun...  and all the animals that she has around her... she has to be GRATEFUL for them too... 
S  
The letter S...  So many words of thanks for this letter... but lets say that this book is all about gratitude... and THANKSGIVING... and what a SPECIAL day that is of the year...  also for sharing with all our friends... and how about the SHEEP.. that give us the wool for our clothes... thanks for that to all the sheep out there...  and to all the shop owners too...  it is a SEASON of THANKSGIVING ... and I am thankful... thanks...   


 I Love this little book.. .but will be mailing it onto my Mom who loves ALICE... and she will enjoy this SPECIAL little gift... 
I do hope that you have enjoyed it too...  

THANKS for stopping by for a visit.. and I do hope that you take a look at Nature's Blessings...  wonderful stamps of all kinds...  

 
I decided that I should commit to doing the Creative EveryDay challenge… and so I signed up and will be doing a piece every day for a month… nothing really different for me… as art is my life in so many ways… but I will try and share more with you each day… 

Have a great day... and thanks for all the wonderful comments that you leave...  Love them all...  

Love, Light and Peace..Bonnie 

4 comments:

  1. Your Alice project is so colourful and full of delight:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your lucky Mum is going to love her book. I particularly like the dyed seam binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever! I love your book....thanks for sharing your tidbits about using your alcohol inks! I have several of those pens, and haven't used them yet. I suppose now is the perfect time. Thanks again :) Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly Bonnie! I'd sure love to live in your head for awhile! Your projects are always soooo well thought out and executed with layers of symbolism and creativity that just boggles the mind! I could stay here forever! LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete