Followers

Sunday, October 2, 2011

A very SPECIAL book for a Very SPECIAL person


This is a special book that started out to be something else and turned into one of my very favorite books I have ever done…

First off.. I started by making the ‘rubber stamp’ myself… it is a block cut from rubber… and I love leaves, so I started to play with different colors… since I had the newest Tim Fall set of colors.. I started off with that… and stamped a whole 8.5 x 11 sheet with leaves in the trio of wonderful colors…  then I moved on… you will see quite a few different color sets… each sheet was cut into four sections… and mounted in this little book I bought for only $1.00 … big spender I am… LOL..

I let nothing go to waste… even the smallest scraps were used… so all each page is in this book…

I did emboss some of the pages prior to cutting with Distress embossing and also metallic embossing… I used Distress ink pads, and also Distress Stains on the
‘rubber stamp’ 

Other stamps that I used were assorted, but generally they are all Tim Holtz stamps…  I used a sheet of word stickers that has to be at least 8 years old… maybe more???  And the die cuts were all Tim’s… as I am sure you can tell… I painted them, stamped them, had fun with each and every page… I tried to match up colors so that each page was alive and living… also did totally out of the box things like purple trees… and square holes in the bird…  you will see as I go along with each picture of each page… I will try to explain as much as possible… in as few words as possible… I can be wordy at times… but want you to get the whole idea from this book…

This book is for my hubby… it is his 70th Birthday today…  yikes… we don’t seem that old at all… LOL…
The numbers in the book total up to 70…  and at the end of the book I put a picture in of him, prior to the children being born… LOL.. we both gained years after that… LOL… don’t we all???

Okay… so here are the pages…  if there is nothing new,  there will be no  words and you know all… 
The Cover



 The cover… a flower that I made using Tim’s die cut… 
The bird was from a spellbinder… but I cut the center out… and put a sticker in there… floral delight… The wing is ideology from Tim…  letters GROW  also ideology grunge board…  love them… painted with black distress stains and then gloss accents on top… nice finish… 

up close of the bird, wing and flower














Milled Lavender and Concord Grape Trees


 Leaves… I love to make papers… and so often when I am up late at night and want to be quiet, I will make a lot of pretty papers… so from time to time, I will cut up some of the scraps and turn them into leaves… I always use the Tattered Leaves by Tim Holtzs line…  sometimes I will use a gold pen to outline the edges… but sometimes just as you see them here…











  I love banners.. but have to be honest and tell you that I hardly ever make them… but wanted to make one for this book… I took a piece of cording that is recycled and used staples that I dyed with my alcohol inks…










  The bottle has a safety pin in it… they use to be very valuable years ago… so since this is a vintage page… I put it in the bottle… 
Vintage page, with tons of goodies



















Recycle all you can



So often we throw out some of the best things… I had a couple of flaps from a small box on my work table… and I peeled off the paper on one side… and I had this wonderful corrugated look.. I used some mini misters and again had wonderfully colored corrugated board… that would cost $$$  But mine was free … oh yeah… a few squirts from mini misters… I cut them into squares and have a really nicely textured look here…

The bubble paper… is actually metal… (tape for H&AC bought from Home Depot…  $20.00 for a huge roll… ) 
I apply the tape to cardstock and then can be as creative as I want to be…  I ran this thru an embossing folder… and then alcohol inks on the top…  lovely texture again…


Metal ideology numbers that are covered in tissue tapes…  Oh wow… love that look… so nice… 

Forgot to mention that all the ribbons I have dyed are rayon seam binding tape… and I love the wrinkled look… smooth is not my style at all.. I love freedom of all kinds…  YEAH… and I had fun making these along with all the papers… 



Pink and bluish purple leaves... out of the box




Acorns are beautiful this year. 




Tall pines with clouds


On this tag, I loved the tall pine trees… but they looked so lost… so I added some grass… and then added some sky… BUT … the sky has one added feature… Picket Fence Distress Stains… Oh how did I live without it prior to now???  I made instant clouds with it… and they faded a little so I went back in again and made them darker… LOVE IT…  do you have yours yet???  What a wonderful product this is…

Also tore a section of an old map out… and this is where we live…  so it is meaningful to us…





 

20…  Do you have any gold stickers… and some copper mesh screen..  I mounted the stamp onto the copper and cut it out… really wonderful look… 










23.. Resist with a white dabber……love that too… have you tried that technique… ??? You will love it… Using a stamp of your choice… put white dabber on it… and then stamp it onto your paper… allow it to dry or heat it dry… then with a blending tool and sponge,  and distress ink, color it…  allow it to again dry… and then moisten a paper towel with a little water and wipe off the are where the dabber paint is… love this resist effect…  so will you…










So there is my book… Happy Birthday to my sweet and dear hubby of 42 years…  Yikes we are getting younger… 

Have a great day… Thanks for stopping by for a visit… and hope to see you again soon… Love, Light and Peace…Bonnie 

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie that is absolutely gorgeous and what a great way to celebrate his Birthday! I love all the leaves and the colors you've used. You managed to bring everything together throughout the whole book while still using a huge variety of objects. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete