Followers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Birds Delight

 I am getting ready for the holidays... and trying to get some tags made up for the gift bags I will be putting my gifts into... so here is one that is not only for that... but also for Grungy Monday...  where Linda has asked that we use a Tim Holtz Perfect Distress Technique...  


Well that sounds great to the average person... but since I am on dial up, it is deadly...  so yesterday I tried to down load the video... I have never been on You Tube... and have never seen a video on my computer... LOL... sounds pre-historic, but that is what dial up is... pre-historic...  PLUS... but it is all I can get for now.. so I am Happy with it??? 




 So I am not sure I got 100% of the technique down... as I could only download 7 minutes of the almost 10 minute video... and that took me 6 hours!!!!  Yikes... I did do other things... as I had to... but I would like to have seen the entire video for that amount of time... 


Oh well... here is my tag, called Birds Delight... 
I used Victorian Velvet on the tag...
My favorite of all time Distress Stain colors... love the richness of it... and I do love the Seedless Preserves Distress ink color too... But I use the Victorian Velvet as directed... and then used the Seedless Preserves to stamp the floral spray...  a TH stamp... that is for sure...  

BUT... I also used a resist pad and  
Inked up the bird from that set of stamps... and used only my perfect pearls on that....  on the tag I used a silver perfect pearl and on the bird I used Sunflower gold, Berry Twist and also smoke blue... love the bird... but would like him to be  little bit darker...  

My flowers were made from some baby wipes that I used to clean up my mess... and then I used some shabby Shutters green Distress Stain and made my wordy leaves...  LOL.. love wordy leaves... nothing like them...  This will go onto a white bag for a special Christmas present... I most likely will use some pale pink tissue to stick out of the top of the bag... so very pretty and feminine... Pinks and Greens...  love it.. 

WEll... I have posted a lot of tags today... hope you have the time to scroll down and see them... lots of love went into all of them... thanks for your comments...  and have a super wonderful day... 
Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Just love this gorgeous tag! What a pretty colours! And I think you mastered the perfect distress technique!
    oh my gosh, good luck with the dial up!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie!! I hope you have been doing well, I have missed getting out blog hopping like I use to. Your work is as lovely as always, my friend.
    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your paper flowers added for dimension and I agree the bird is just super. Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is so pretty Bonnie, love the bird & flowers! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous tag, very pretty colours and will look fab on a white bag. Sounds like you should think about broadband, it would be cheaper and easier in the end
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag in gorgeous colors!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely shabby chic tag and gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, please be happy with it-- it's gorgeous! I love the sweet design and the soft colors and the gentle, feminine look, and it seems to me you did the GM technique perfectly! The baby wipe flowers are brilliant, too!

    ReplyDelete