Followers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The BELOVED Tea Party

 The Mad Hatter is really a lot of fun to play with... he is as crazy as can be... so the playing field is so open to us... 


The theme this month at the ALTERED ALICE is the Mad Hatter's Tea Party... 

I also had just received this great set of tea pot stamps from my winnings on Simon Says Stamp and show... so I wanted to use these... I love them... they match his wild bow tie... how perfect is that...  




 SO..... I also wanted a hanging heart in a special place in my kitchen... between the cabinets and the stove...  so this is going to be hung up there...  I love this... it is going to be right by our own TEAS.... how perfect is that...  


Okay... so now I will tell you about some of the other fun things... with the tea pot stamps... there were cup cakes...  and a few flowers... but the tea pots and cup and saucer and the cupcakes were just what I wanted for this...  so I made a cup cake serving 'tree'   Since the Mad Hatter lives in the woods... wild as he is... the woods of Wonderland...  I used a twig punch for the tiers of the cupcake platter... Love it... 


I decorated each cupcake with paints and then embellished with Distress Stickles ...(glittery glues... )  and then topped them off with Liquid pearls... for the cherries etc... what fun I had doing that...  




The tea pots and the cup and saucers were all done with markers...  and also a few colored pencils... and anything that had the color I wanted... 
 I made the table with a sheet of 
Glassine  from Ranger and then added the brown paper ruffle that I made with an old paper bag...  The letters Tea Party are from Tim Holtz's line of ideology goodies...  




Way down at the bottom I put a flower on there... as all tea party tables have to have a pretty flower arrangement on it.. no matter how Mad the person is that is having the Tea Party... LOL... the flower I made from a baby wipe... and I love the way that these look... 

The back ground paper on the top I made with my favorite paints... Twinkling H20's... and the bottom is made with Distress Stains and a word stamp...  

I have it hanging up now... and I must say I love it...  some seam binding is holding it up... and it looks great...  I did use clear Glossy accent on the tea pots... so that they would look like real china...  so much fun... and just a jump away from the end of the month... so make something and join in on the Altered Alice Challenge...  it is a lot of fun..... 

Thanks for taking a look at my fun times I have... and for stopping by for a visit... I love it all.. 

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie, thanks so much for your love and loyalty to The Altered Alice! Your creations are always fantastic and I love the teapot and teacup stamps. Who made them? They are such fun and the perfect scale for your wonderful scene! LOVE the tablecloth and ruffle, totally fab and that baby-wipe flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to tell you that I adore your Mad Hatter Wall Hanging! The cupcakes are perfection...yummy. All of the thought you've put into your piece shows....thanks for sharing it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete