Followers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall Tags for all different thoughts...

 Fall Tags 
I love the fall season... and when we have moved to North Carolina I thought that I would not see the change of seasons as drastically as I have... so for that I am very very happy.. Fall here is even more of a contrast than it was up in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York areas... I love the colors here... very vibrant and pretty.... Since I live in a very rural area of Western NC in the mountains the trees around us change and it looks like they have been painted with brightly colored paints... 
I LOVE it... 
 So this tag is for a Birthday present... that will be sent out this week...  I made the tag with my leaf stamp... that I made from Speedball rubber... and then used my wonderful Ripe Persimmon distress ink to color it...  The flower LOL... well after I had made a nice little mess on my worksheet, I cleaned it up... with a baby wipe... and that is what I made the flower from....  of course I used the Tattered Floral Die cut from Tim's line of great dies...  the leaves I just cut out to give the contrasting color of Greens...  I love it... simple and so much fun to make...  I love and adore making flowers... a favorite of mine... 


This week on Ink on my Fingers, Hels is back from her trip to the USA... and it looks like you really enjoyed yourself Hels... I do wish I could have been a little fly on the wall and watched all the fun you all had...  or even been in a chair playing with you all... LOL... the pictures of the area are nice... ANYWAY... for the challenge this week, Hels asks that we make FALL themed items... so since mine are all tags, I thought I would give you some of my fall thoughts as well... 


 Since we have a farm, there is a different beat that goes on here... My husband and I had been vegans for over 30 years... and cherished and honored all animals .... we didnt' eat of any flesh at all... 


But due to some health problems we started to eat some meat... and we also started to farm our land for our food we needed to live...  BUT the deer wanted to eat what we planted... I can't blame them... it is delicious and 100% organic and fresh... BUT it is not for them to eat it all... they just don't stand there and eat a whole squash... they tend to take a nibble from one and then move onto the next... so in a day they have ruined a whole patch of squash... or sweet potato bed, or something... so we try to protect the crops... during the fall.. the local men who hunt, ask if they can hunt on our land... which we do give them permission to do so... maybe they will help in the controlling of some of the 100's of deer that are around...

So this tag is for the sweetness of the deer and honors their life on earth... I would love to live in harmony with you all... but it just doesn't seem like we can do so at the present time...  but I do love you... and this is for you...  

The tag was made with using ink on my worksheet and then the deer was stamped with Gathered Twigs... I have really used that ink pad... hope it lasts forever...  I dribbled water onto the tag and love the look of the water spots.. I made the flowers from the baby wipe I used from the last tag.. and used my tattered floral die cut to create them... I also used a Pretties by Bonnie flower in the arrangement for contrast ...  the leaf I cut out of some of my paper that I love to make...  

A lot of times during the night I can't sleep... so I come up into the studio and create... I try to be quiet, so what is more quiet than painting... I create all kinds of fun papers... using my ink pads, Distress stains and inks... and mini misters... you name it... some get stamped and some don't... but I do save them all.. they are arranged by color and when I need something it is already there for me to use...  sometimes I have to make a background for something... but generally they are all done for me... as I love painting...  

 
 Now for the last tag I made.. this one is really the fun one... but very deep in meaning... 
BE  THE  CHANGE  YOU  WANT  TO  SEE  IN  THE  WORLD... Gandhi 

WOW...  I love this stamp.. so very wonderful... I use it every so often... and since I have been doing my art journal on a daily basis my mind has moved over to deep thoughts... and this is truly one of them...  


Making the tag... I used my white dabber ... and my favorite leaf stamp... actually I have now made three leaf stamps...  so there is a difference in the leaves... I stamped them onto the tag... the two larger leaves and the smaller one too...  then I dried them with the heat gun... and THEN..... 
Using my blending tool and two of my favorite Distress ink pads created the color on the tag...  Ripe Persimmon and Seedless Preserves... wow... I love the combination and also the colors of these two...  Then I wiped the ink off the leaves... and bingo... beautiful white leaves... love this technique... have you tried it yet????  you should... it is fun and wonderful results.. 

Then I stamped the saying...  
Added a leaf charm and the corrugated box paper... which I had altered a little with some ink and perfect pearls in a mini mister...  Love this tag... it will be on my desk area until it gets dressed for the Christmas holidays...  

Love making tags ... so thanks Hels for the inspiration..  And I am glad you had such a lovely time over here...  

Thank you all for stopping in for a visit today... and hope you enjoy some of the local color in your area... and that it inspires you to create something special...  Hope to see you back again tomorrow...  Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie  

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous tags Bonnie... I admit to being a meat-eater but I do have a conscience and really struggle with some meat... so your top tag is really fitting... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... say "hi" to America for me... I am missing her!

    ReplyDelete