Followers

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Just Rite card for my Just Rite Man


Just Rite Challenge this week is to make a Fall card…
Oh my goodness… I love it… it worked out perfectly for me… My husbands birthday is tomorrow… and I had to make a special card for him… it is his 70th birthday… and so it has to be very special…  and what better to make a special card with than Just Rite stamps…  

Easel Fall Birthday Card


So I decided that since we own a farm… a farm card would be the best for his card… so I stamped all these great stamps from this set…  I colored the barn like ours… and since we live in Western NC our soil is on the orange side… and the grass is still green.. the skies are a lovely blue this time of year…  so this was just what I wanted…  I used a piece of paper in the background that I created with twinkling H20’s and my mini misters that I created with perfect pearls and reinkers…  love them…
I love the glimmer that they produce…  I used a Spellbinder die for the vine of leaves.. love this… as it moves all around my barn oval…  love it…  the little sign up in the corner… is just perfect… not too big… not too small..
Just RITE!!  Perfect..

Lower half of the Easel card 

The inner layer of this Easel card was a lot of fun too… I used the pumpkin die from Spellbinders… and then the basket of fruit, pumpkin and gourds…  with an ear of corn…  all things that are so typical of our farm… we just harvested about 600 pounds of one kind of squash and about ½ ton of another kind… the corn… well that is a sad story.. the crows moved in and ate all the ears of corn that were just about ready to pick… so we didn’t have a good harvest of corn at all this season… but did have a few in the first harvest of sweet corn… the corn stalks have all been chipped for compost and are ready to go on to the beds for a winter covering…  we use a lot of leaves too.. so I stamped a few leaves.. .( I made the leaf stamp myself..)  and used a page from a book as the background…  all things that are around here…  the corrugated paper… okay… a box flap was laying on my work table… and I tore the paper off the one side… and voila a nice piece of background paper…  I try to never let good things go into the ‘garbage’  using as much as I can…

Top half of the Easel card... Happy Birthday Glenn 

Glenn will love this card… and thanks to Just Rite for having the special farm stamps..  for a Just Rite card… 
Hope that you have a special day… and also take a set of JustRite stamps and join in on the challenge… 
See you tomorrow… I am putting the book up that I made Glenn… filled with all kinds of fun pages…  see you there…
Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie that card is just beyond words! You are right, Glenn will absolutely LOVE it!!! I just ordered my first JustRite stamp set and now that I've looked around on that blog I want more. They sure have some nice stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Bonnie! Lucky Glenn!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete