Followers

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Between Friends

 A good friend sent me a link to take a look at this really special card... she and a few friends had been spending a lot of time making these really fun and wonderful cards and wanted me to see them...  so she sent me this link... when I opened the link I saw a picture of another friend ... and was really excited about making the card... 
I too love to make folds and a folded card... wow what fun this is going to be... I will even make a small addition in the center...  
Oh my goodness... but we had to go shopping first... so during the whole shopping trip... all I did was think about how I was going to decorate this special card!!!!   


It starts off with a piece of 12 x 12 paper... and  then is folded and folded ... Love it...  


 This is a close up of the corner of the card... I used a Martha punch around the entire paper... and then added all kinds of paper to enhance the folded areas...  It might be a little spring looking, but this is a birthday card for my Mom's 92nd birthday... and since she has macular degeneration she can only see certain colors... I am hoping that she can see these .... 
 Also this year at the Assisted Living Center where she is living... they had a few butterfly cocoons for them to watch... and quite a few lectures about the butterflies too.. so this will be a special card for her to enjoy... 

Of course she will be proud to share with all the other people there... so a lot of people will enjoy the flight of this butterfly... even though it is November...  
When you open the card you will see another folded area...  with the butterfly inside... she will love it...  

This is also for the Challenge this week of Simon Says Stamp and Show and the theme is WINGS.... I think that this has a lot of WINGS on it... 


Hope that you have a special birthday this year too... each day should be enjoyed as we never know when it will be the last day of our earth walk... so make sure you live each day to the fullest extent...  Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and hope to see you again soon... 
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie...  

the inner butterfly 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Lovely papers and the punch is very pretty! Happy Birthday to your Mom!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - your card is so intricate and detailed - beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my golly that looks intimidating. You did an absolute brilliant job Bonnie. I love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete