Followers

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunflowers

 Another square for my quilt... if you are just seeing these squares for the first time... I am making a quilt to cover two very large glass areas... one is French doors in my studio and the other is in our den that goes out to the deck... they both need something to help keep the night time coolness out... even though we live in the south... we do get chilly nights... and sometimes even see the white stuff... (I try not to use 4 letter words that are bad... so you will have to think....LOL)   


Anyway the squares are 22 inches square and I am using all my Ranger inks to create the colors... on this one I used some of the reinkers of Distress Inks on the tie died style background... and then I created the Sunflowers... all the squares are to have something to do also with our farm... so since we grow very tall sunflowers I thought it would be appropriate to have a sunflower Square....  I am using muslin only for the fabric at this point... but might add some felted wool too...  ???? Not really there yet..  
 I Love this piece as it is really a fun one... the colors are bright and I can remember the 15 foot sunflowers swaying in the summer skies... so very beautiful....  


I will try and take a picture of them this summer and put it on the farm blog...  I also need to up date this blog... but hey.. first things first...  LOL...  


I wanted to show some depth on these pretties... so I added some Liquid Pearls to the center of the flowers... what fun I had... 
You can see them a  little bit better in this picture...  I also used some dyed seam binding... as I wanted to show some of the other plants that live with these sunflowers...  there are all kinds of vines that choose to grow up the plants... they are just as important... 

We use the sunflower seeds to feed the chickens... and also used the entire plant left for mulch on plants that were going to over winter... like garlic and shallots... which are starting to show their green tops and grow now...  

This week Sunday Stamper has sewing as the theme... and I think that this also passes for that challenge... ???  YES??? I know I will most likely play with some paper today too... but you never know... I might paint again???  

See you tomorrow... and I hope that you enjoyed this slight change in media...  Check back on other days to see other pieces of this quilt...  I think I have only done a couple... enjoy your day... and have fun...  

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

2 comments:

  1. oh yes indeedily, and I cannot wait to see the finished quilts, I have always fancied having a go but I am rubbish with needle and thread (as for sewing machine... they are an endangered species in my hands!) Thanks for joining in with the sunday stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Stunning work. Will be keeping an eye on your blog to see the finished quilt. Fabulous Work. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete