Followers

Monday, February 27, 2012

Lambing season is upon us...

 The other day one of our neighbors invited us over to see the "lambing" at their farm... so over we went... Sande was here and so I insisted that she come too... how many times in your life time do you get to see precious things....??? So over we went... and got into the 4x4 to view the babies... we got there and one of the mom's had just dropped one... how exciting is that... 
I will show you those pictures tomorrow... as this is for the front of a present that I made this couple...  You see to me this was a very beautiful thing... New LIFE always is SPECIAL...  but this couple has taken their off time from working to create a really beautiful foot print on the earth...  They have taken land and planted beautiful grasses for the lambs and sheep to graze on... and oh yes... mules/donkeys and 17 plus dogs!!! That watch over the sheep... as we have a lot of critters that love to eat anything...  coyotes, possessum, raccoon, fox, cougar, etc etc... you get the idea... so these dogs are something else to watch... 


Anyway... I am so sorry that I get so carried away with my thoughts... but because of this, I made a book, at match book and also a tag... today you are seeing the tag... and tomorrow a page from the book...  wish I could get things up faster... but the dial up is another whole story and I dont' need to go there today...  


 This tag is for a few challenges too... one is for Sunday Stamper... Hels asked that we do LIFE... well that is what I did...  New LIFE...  You will see more of this exciting event tomorrow...  
Also... Simon Says Stamp and Show asked that we use IDEA-OLOGY... and hey... I did...  A key that says DREAM... as this farm is a dream of their's and also a dream to be on... really a wonderful place... so glad that they are such good neighbors... So back to the challenges... I will reflect these same themes over the next few days... as it is spring here... and LIFE is happening all around us... Our plum trees are blooming... !!!  And I have a bouquet of daffodils on my work table!!!  How special is that... 


So for this tag... (I do get carried away...)  I cut the word DREAM out... using a Tim Die Cut... and then went to town creating the background... 
 
As you can see the background is really wild and rough... I used a lot of colors... and they were 'lifted' off with the Utee ultra thick embossing ... but that didn't bother me...  I added some more... very very lightly.. I wanted a delicate background... then added some Vintage Photo and a picture of Steve... and then the ribbon (seam Binding ) up top... along with a flower... that I made of course...  

I added the key and used a chain and pin to attach them to the bows...  At the very bottom I used Tissue to create the ruffle and then topped it off with a bow from Seam binding...  

Not really elaborate.. but this is for the top of a present... that I want to really stand out...  FUN stuff... 

Thanks for stopping by today... and I hope that you have had a nice day...  I have... and am not starting to get my classes done for the spring season... still a lot more work... but fun!!!  
See you tomorrow...  hopefully I will see YOU tomorrow... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, Bonnie! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag Bonnie ....it must have been great on the farm ........love to see the lambs jumping up and down in the spring x

    ReplyDelete