Followers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Daisies are my FAVORITE flower

 I LOVE Daisies... they are my very favorite flower ever... I do love all... but this has to be the best ever flower....  I have all these petals free flowing... and you can pick each one up...  the stem is sewn down... and the stamping of the other daisies is done with a Dabber... How neat is that... ????  


Of course the back ground is made with my Distress Inks... and I also added some Perfect Pearls powders... so it is glittery... love it.. 


I also used some dimensional Pearls on the center of the flower...  and then detailed the petals with some of the green inks...  I mixed a few to get the color I wanted for this...  

In the center of the stamped daisies, I have used some Antique Linen Distress Stickles... and it really gives a little bit more glittery look...  

This week on Grungy Monday, Linda has asked that we do something that we can wear... Well Linda, I can't wear this... but my Windows are going to be wearing these... if you check on a few of the last couple of days, you can see some of the other squares for this wild quilt... each one is 22 inches square and they will then be quilted and then turned into a massive quilt for the French doors in my studio...  I am using different things around the farm as the themes of the squares... I hope that this is exceptable for this challenge!!!  I am really enjoying using all my Ranger products for this quilt... I was never so excited to realize that I could use them in ways other than for paper... I found all kinds of info on the Ranger site for this... and am totally excited... Of course I am using all of the Tim Holtz line of Distress inks, reinkers, stains and stickles... LOVE THEM all... but now to find out that I can use them safely on fabrics!!! WOW... what a deal...  

I hope to get my blouse done today... as I made a white large blouse to wear at a class... as I am going to share this with a lot of people... as I am so excited... My blouse will have flowers on it.. that much I know... so hopefully I will get that done this week too...  I am taking a lot of time out these past few weeks... as I am having to plan all my classes for the coming season...  so that takes a lot of thinking, doing and making of samples... LOL... what a heart breaker... right???  Having to spend so much time playing!!!

 I will share... dont' worry.. 


Have a good one today... and hope you are able to play all day long... play for me.. .I have to go food shopping... and since we have to go up the mountain to do that... we stop at all kinds of places while we are out... as we don't go up there that often in a month... only a couple of times... living way out in the middle of no where is great... but when we go out.... we GO OUT for the day!!!  Makes less time to play in the course of a day...  boo hoo... I know that you are upset for me... but I will be back tomorrow... I have a few things to share...   

Thanks for stopping by... 
And I hope you like the way that the quilt is coming along... 
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie  

3 comments: