Followers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lambing ... continued

 Well as the story continues from the other day...... 
Sande and I pulled up and got into the 4x4 Kubota and zipped out into the pasture to miss by seconds the baby dropping from it's mom... but that is okay... as we got to see the rest of the process... I have seen babies being born prior... so that was okay...  BUT I did want to treat this little baby as special, as it was the first the baby LAMB I have seen being born...  
So this is how I created a special page for this little one... (March 3 I will share the entire book... it takes a while for me to get all the pictures up... so sorry... )  


So I used a Sizzix embossing folder and created the front panel... and then used different Distress colors and mists on the paper to get a really lovely look...  The flowers are very layered... and then I trimmed this out with BLACK...  
and of course made it a panel that opens...  and this is what you see...
 I had to share this PRECIOUS picture of the baby... as it is just a few minutes old... the other baby that you see laying down is about 30 minutes old at this point...  


The Mother is now anxious to get them moved and into a safer area... all the NEW MOMS are put together with their babies... 
The top folder...  made from K&Co paper and a Martha Punch...  holds this tag.. 
 I used the pine tree embossing folder and then a few different Distress inks to color the tag... then put the New MOMS with their precious ones under the trees... as there are pine tress all over the farm... 
Here is the picture of about 4 minutes after this baby was dropped... (born)  the other Mom's in waiting are looking at all that is going on... 

(I used another embossing folder on this side of the tag...  and colored it with more Distress inks... do you think I like them??? Wrong... I LOVE THESE inks... LOL... so easy to use and the colors fit my needs too... 
Well... that is a special moment in my week... and I think it will be for quite some time... seeing babies being born of any kind is always a SPECIAL happening... New LIFE is wonderful... as is each and everyone of our lives... all very special in our own unique ways...  

This section of this book is for Stamper Sunday and for Simon Says Stamp and Show...  
Check out these blogs and see all the pretties that have been made for these same themes... 
Thanks for stopping in... and now back to uploading more pics for you to see more of this book... 

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

4 comments:

  1. What sweet pictures and wonderful addition for your new moms book. Beautiful tags!! Thanks again for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, baby lambs are so adorable and what a wonderful experience. I love what it has inspired. Your creation, as always, is absolutely stunning and amazing. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww... my heart just melted... baby animals are cute but baby lambs.. they just are cuter! Loving your work of art here Bonnie.. thanks for playing at the Sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful artwork Bonnie. I love it all. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete