Followers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bird Book

 As promised I have a few of the pages from the bird book here...  I used a lot of different techniques on each page... but one of the favorites at this time is the alcohol ink release technique... so I have a lot of them to show you... 
 I used a lot of Tim's Die cuts and bird stamps and dies of all kinds... actually I spent quite a bit of time gathering them all up and then I started to play... the pages were filled in no time... actually way shorter than I wanted to be done with this fun little book... the house that it stays in I put up yesterday... so if you missed it... please take a look see... 
 I used flowers of all kinds... and loved making them of course... 


I added tissue tape ruffles, and lace and stamped where I needed and wanted too...  I had a lot of fun to say the least...  


 I used two huge 2 inch rings to bind these pages together... the book is about 5 inches tall and about 4 inches wide...  


I made all the background papers... of course with my distress inks, and worksheet... I did dry emboss some... but generally just used the inks... 
 I did use some regular papers and then collage some too...  but always had to add some plastic sheets with some birds on them... LOL... love making these and using them is just as much fun...  
 I used some of Tim's charms and also dies for some of the pages...  and notice the little tabs... love that die... I love the tabs.. so vintage of my school days...  yikes... I am really dating my self... LOL..  


 Here is a huge sheet of plastic... dont' you love it...  wow... I love that technique... if you haven't tried it... DO... you will be hooked... 
 I also had to add a little bird that I drew for Pretties by Bonnie


and also used some leaves and seam binding too...  the background is a punched piece using a corner punch by Fiskars... 
I saved this for last... my very favorite page... I made the little bird with shrink plastic... and then glued it onto a charm!!! How cute is that... I LOVE it.... birds are really a love of mine in so many ways... I love watching them and they are always so busy around our home... and farm... we have bird houses all over the place... even a bat house and owl homes... three of them in fact... the squirrels took over one of the owl houses... and turned it into a condo!!!   
Oh well we all have to make adjustments when we can... 

Hope you have enjoyed  this book... and also the day... be creative in all ways... even if it is to cook a favorite meal...  add some parsley on the top.... be creative .... love it... 

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie I love your book!!! I'm going to have to check out that technique using the clear plastic because I save everything remotely reusable and have a stockpile of clear packaging.

    ReplyDelete