Followers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Sewing is FUN

 I have to start off today by saying that I dont' throw out too many pieces of paper that I have put ink onto... LOL... I am so silly about that ... I know I will use it sometime... well this is one of those 'mistakes' and I loved the colors.. so just because it had a huge 'dribble' in the center I didn't use it for the original piece... but it is wonderful here...  I took the paper and put it thru the embossing folder...  I think it is called Kassies by Cuttlebug??? Not really sure... then I used three different inks on the edges... and one distress stain...  and then I misted with a Perfect Pearls...  and then I sat and LOVED it...  oh now to cover it all up???  Such a shame... Oh well back to work on this tag...  




 I sort of knew that the Sunday Stamper theme was sewing... and so I started to cut out some sewing Vintage Clip art... and then I started to ink more papers... and all of a sudden my hubby asked it we were going to have dinner... how about lunch???  Oh talk about blonde moments??? I had spent the entire day making backgrounds.... this is all your FAULT Hels... every single bit of it... LOL... Anyway.. .I had a blast... I would cover the paper in all different ways, then dry it... and then run it thru an embossing folder.. so I have tons of new backgrounds now to play with... what a fun day...  what a way also to spend a rainy Sunday... I missed lunch and really didn't mind it... thank goodness Glenn does his own thing when I get absorbed in my art...  love it... 

Okay... so as you can see, I built a fence BOX... that holds all the goodies that I wanted to store in there... 
I also attached an easel so that the tag would stand up and everything would not come tumbling out... how fun is that... I used the Small Easel Die cut from Tim's line of fun die cuts...  take a look at them ... and have fun with them too... 

 
 Here is all the sewing things that are in the fence Box... scissors, pattern, needles, and hook and eyes... some people I am sure don't even know what they are... but I do... I didn't say that did I???  


Anyway... all go into the box...  


 I used the Dress form Mini die cut for this... and then put the vintage slip onto it... I was surprised that the first time I actually got the right size on the slip... that is really hard to do... I did have to shorten it at the waist... but the rest was the right size...  


The dress form was cut out in Sticky back canvas and then distressed and then colored with a few distress inks... how cute... love this whole fun tag... of course when I say it took me all day to do... it is the truth.. but I did a lot of other things in between... but I have to say that there was nothing that I had planned that I did do!!!  AT ALL.... 
 I was actually going to paint on a few squares for my quilt... but never got around to it... so thanks Hels... for taking my mind and sending it in another direction....  LOL.. .


Okay... I used a few old baby wipes and created my flowers... and then added a few stamen in the centers...  




Here is a closer look at the sewing that has already been finished and is hanging up... how fancy HUH???  

I thank you for stopping by.. and thanks again Hels for a fun Sunday of stamping??? or playing with paints and sprays, and inks and messy fingers and hands... loved every minute of it... 100% ...

Hope you have a fun day today... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

2 comments:

  1. I love the fence and how you put sewing things behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whooops, sorry Glenn!!! Bless you, I get all involved too... tis a good diet lol LOVE your tag, tis so gorgeous with all those beautiful elements.. thanks for joining in with the sunday sTamper x

    ReplyDelete