Followers

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Flower Box

 When I start out to create a project... I generally never know what I am going to do... this was truly the case with this tag... I wanted to use the pictures I had in my hand... and that was it... 
The rest just took time to pick and choose... 


Our son when we was over in Germany wanted to get me something that I would totally enjoy.. so he bought me these Prima flowers...  I love them for this little Flower box that I created...  


Okay... lets talk about the background first...  I used an Impression Obsession 6x6 stamp... and used Iced Spruce Distress Ink Pad... and then added the Victorian Velvet around the edges... soft and pretty... 


I used a couple of Vintage clip art pictures... and then wanted to have some paper flowers... so I added the heart border (Martha Stewart Deep cut punch) and I popped it... and so there was room to create the Flower box look... I added the carnations as a back drop effect.. 


When everything was glued down ... I added some Distress Stickles around the edge of the picture and also around the carnations... love that stuff...  just a little goes a LONG way...   Added some at the top with my seam binding that was dyed to match the edges of the tag...  


All very easy and I forgot to add one important fact... the heart 'flower box' is very very glossy... I created that by using white embossing powder and then a couple of coats of  Melt Art  Ultra Thick Embossing powder.   So it has an enameled effect... love that look...  



 As you can see here the heart sort of flairs outward to give a flower box look... love it when something happens to benefit the look you are trying to achieve...  

Also this tag was created with the theme this week of HEART!!! for the Sunday Stamper...  please take a little time and check out this fun site... Hels Sheridan is a really wonderful person with a lot of talent... so please take a look see...  

 
A better look at the glitters and also the heart...  

Thanks for stopping by for a visit and a look see... hope to see you again tomorrow too... 

Enjoy your day... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I think I'm going to be able to comment!! Bonnie, this flower box is gorgeous!! Keep those projects coming, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey bonnie, wowzers those flowers are lush indeedily, what a fabby pressie, your Son obviously has a very good eye for all things delish! Thank you for your lovely words, you flatter me :O)) Thanks ever so much for joining in with the sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete