Followers

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

 HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to one and all... I saved a lot of the tags for the last day... sending you lots of love and more than enough to share with ALL... so spread it around...  make valentines for all you know...  LOVERS day...   So lets begin...  

First off... these tags are all for the Challenge of GRUNGY MONDAY!!!  Linda has asked that we use some of Tim's things... including techniques... love them... so that is NO PROBLEM at all...  



 I am sure you know what fun it is to share ideas and how to do's... well I had fun sharing how to make foil flowers using Tattered Floral die  (Tim Holtz Line!! )   and foil.... along with some trusty alcohol inks...(Tim Holtz Line!  )   so many of us buy things and then don't use them... as they don't know what to use them on!!!  Well the foil came from Home Depot... it is heat duck tape... and I put the tape onto card stock and then cut it out... with tattered floral die... Tim's die cut...  love that one... 

Then using alcohol inks to color the flowers prior to 'curling' them... After all that is done... stack with glue in between for the perfect flower...   wow... how easy and what fun!!!
 I also used a piece of tissue with music on it... (Idea-ology tissue )  and the background of the tag... I used dabber snow white and then I used an Impression Obsession stamp and stamped it onto the tag... then using my blending tool I used a distress ink and rubbed it all over the tag... then with a damp cloth wiped the stamping ... the white POPS... love it...  try it... it is easy and you will love it...  





 Another technique that Tim has used over the past months here... and I happen to love it... I shared it with you in January... and it is using a piece of plastic... covering it with alcohol inks.. and then using a BLACK archival ink pad... you stamp and wipe quickly... and you get a release of the alcohol ink in the stamped area... MAGIC!!!  LOVE IT... 


So I took a piece of plastic sheet (recycled packaging bin... huge pile now) 
and covered it with alcohol ink... and then used these cute little butterflies as the subject... put some glossy paper behind the plastic and then used some copper tape for the edges... I popped the plastic onto this piece of paper to make a 'flower' box type of thing... as the heart is a tag unto its self!!!   
A close up will show you a little better...  

The butterfly is a spellbinder and then a few gem stones...  for the center part... 


A little Martha Stewart punching of hearts gives it a finished touch...  

of course the tag I made with my distress inks in the mini misters... with some perfect pearls added.. love all of mine... I can never have too many...   a little bit here and there on all things...  






 This was another fun tag.. ( I really don't have too many tags that I make that I dont' have fun making... but this one was really fun... I used some My Minds eye paper...  and created a pocket for the Hearted tag to fit into...  


A butterfly with some distress Stickles... and vintage clip art...  what more could you want... 
 The tag area coming out of the pocket...  


I did use my distress inks in the mini misters to create most of my background on these tags...  as I have a huge stock pile of tags that NEED to be used!!!  Love making papers at certain times...  








 My little cupid tag... 
Is this cupid cute or what... 
It came from the Kaiser Paper pad...  as did the bird with the envelope of love letters and the flowers...  it was all there... just had to cut it out... 
 At the bottom I added a ruffle of Tim's tissue paper and then a row of paper lace hearts...  


Also another fractual charm... and some white flowers...  




 A clip on the side holds some hearts that my dear friend Mary Taylor gave to me... thanks Mary.. I love them... 


When Mary and Victoria were here playing, Mary used a set of these adorable hearts on a tag she was creating... but she wanted the hearts to be gold... so she simply used some embossing ink and then dipped them into gold embossing powder and created GOLDEN HEARTS for her pretty tag...  


I am again apologizing that I didnt take pictures of the pretty tags that each gal made... we had so much fun and I simply just plain forgot to take pictures of any type... so very sorry to you and also to them...   NEXT time MAYBE they will remind me... PLEASE do...  My mind seems to be forgetting some things to share...  






 A  really simple quick and easy tag... a little spritzing of the mini misters to create the background color...  and then some vintage clip art... I also used some Kaiser papers for this one... and they had some wonderful tags etc in this pad...  I have to tell you that I won a couple of weeks at Simon Says Stamp and Show... and they have a wonderful store... yikes... so very complete... and I chose this pad of paper.. it is delightful... the papers are sweet and wonderfully vintage and pretty...





One of my more favorite tags... as the papers that I used are so very pretty... each and every one of them... I started off with some Victorian Velvet ink and also some perfect pearls in a mini mister.. and I sprayed my worksheet... and the paper is yummy plus...  then I cut my tag out of the best part...  then I created the little circle paper by the dabber release method explained above and rubbed three different colors of distress inks on the paper.. then I sprayed the entire paper with Perfect Pearls mist.... Oh wow!! what pretty piece of paper... then I cut it out with a Spellbinder...   added the vintage clip art ... and had my center piece...  A little butterfly action... and of course some seam binding ribbon....

 

At the top there are two fractuals that I created with the  Alcohol release...  love the way that they just add so much to the tag... (not the best of pictures ... but hopefully you can see them... so very sorry... )  
 


The background paper was a favorite piece.. and I had just enough to cut this circle out!!!  Love it... many layers of inks, and perfect pearls... 














 Another favorite... Love the pinks in this tag...  Anyway.. .I did create a nice tag and then I had to use this piece of paper that I created with the dabber and Victorian Velvet ink...  over that I put a square using Martha's heart punches... and the vintage clip art... I used some idea-ology with the heart lock plate and the key... and then created my fractuals using the alcohol release method... love doing that... 


 When you are creating these fractuals...  use some stamps that have detail... but flower 'scenes' are great to use... the whole scene doesn't have to be n the fractual...  (Fractuals are pieces of plastic that are in the Idea-ology line by Tim Holtz..)  


The stamp used here was four times the size of this fractual...  I only used a small section of the stamp to stamp with...  

So very much fun to create your own charms and embellishments...  

Have a super Happy Valentines DAY... and may each day that follows be just as loving for you too... 

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie  

3 comments: