Followers

Monday, February 6, 2012

Me and My Best Friend

 Okay.. so it is a vintage picture... big deal... LOL... I am a vintage person...  and I love this time in my life too... 
This picture was taken when I was about 4 or 5 years old... with my next door neighbor BETSY... who became to be my best friend when we were growing up...  This particular time I have this wonderful Chinese paper parasol and we played with it all day long... I can remember that I had tie shoes and Betsy hadn't learned how to tie yet... she was a little younger than I was...  that is why I put the bow on the button... 


 This is an ATC for Three challenges... 


Sunday Stamper .... HEARTS

Simon Says Stamp and Show... 
Torn edges, Button, Wings, Distress Inks 


Grungy Monday  ... ATC  using Tim Holtz things...  


Well I had to also add a few other things... like a box... and canvas... and also embossing...  and all kinds of other things...  LOL... I can't ever do anything simple... and I love it that way too.. 


I have to tell you that there is a story behind this ATC... Betsy and I are not in touch with each other right now... she had a bad marriage and has gone into hiding and I wish with all my heart that she would call me...  and I also wish that the blue bird of happiness is with her at all times... and that the love of this time in our lives will allow her to grow from... and to put bad times behind her.  Betsy if you are reading this... I would love to hear from you... I miss you in my life... 

I really did have fun making this little ATC... even though it is only 2.5 x 3 inches.... it is packed with love and fun...  I made the little box that Betsy and I are on... and covered it with canvas... and then used Tim's tape...  colored it and put the picture on it... I used Glossy accent on the picture to make it a little more stiff... and it did... that stuff is great for so many things... 

I used two bows to hold the blue bird on the card... more happiness...  I colored the bird with alcohol inks and also Adirondack pens...A corner from the Idea0ology line and of course I used all kinds of Distress Inks...  Mustard on the card itself... and then Brushed cor on the hearts... and Black soot on the edges of the card...  Mustard on the box... and three colors of blue on the seam binding... so many fun things... yikes

I am really starting to use my inks more and more every day... as I have started on the quilt squares...  and am having so very much fun... I was never aware of the many uses that the Ranger line and the Tim Holtz inks were able to do... also all the Perfect pearl mists, etc... wow... wait until you see them... I will start showing them next week sometime hopefully...  hope you will come back and see them...  

Thanks for stopping by for this little box and ATC.... I love it also when you leave a comment...  Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

8 comments:

  1. Bonnie, love your chunky ATC! It's got so much fabulous color and I love the fact it's a pic of little you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ATC and the story behind it. I do hope your friend sees this and gets in touch and wish you both lots of happiness. I know what you mean about the inks, I'm using them more and more. I just love the effects you can get with the colouring! Good luck with your challenges. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful picture of you and your friend as children. The parasol is adorable and so is your ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Bonnie! This is so gorgeous and so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie. I love your dimensional canvas. What an adorable picture of you and your "besty". I love how you adapted it to fit your canvas. The little Chinese parasol is absolutely darling the way you've let it be dimensional. Love your design! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I read your blog backwards so have seen your other entry first... however, this is as stunning as your other entry and how sweet that it reminds you of your BFF... my BFF when I was little was my partner in crime... oh the scrapes we got into! We are still in touch all these years later, the special connection between childhood friends lives forever... thanks again for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Es muy bonito, con mucho volumen. I love it. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a delightful piece full of color & texture, but the best part is the memories. Thanks for reminding me of my "cohort in crime"!

    ReplyDelete