Followers

Thursday, July 12, 2012

New Tangles

 Two weeks ago, I bought a book on tangling and have not been able to stop doing this fun and relaxing art... it is truly fascinating to me in so many different ways...  I LOVE it, to say the least...  
I have been practicing a little bit over the past few days...  and here are the results of the Auraknot...  I have some trouble making the lines smooth... but that comes with practice, I know..  I dont really like certain pens either... so that is a problem... and I doodle all over the place.. so I have to either buy more pens... or learn to doodle where the pens are that I like to use... LOL... solution sounds simple huh??? 
 I ran out of paper space with this one...  


I call it Tennis anyone???  Looks like a lot of tennis rackets being swung... doesn't it..??? 
 Finally one that I like...  I wanted the piece to represent the Earth some how... and so I made little pieces of earth and grew some leaves in it...  then I added the blue sky.... 
 I am trying to get the hang of creating my own little spaces... and so I make a string and then work from that... 
 This piece of paper was again on my work table.. so it got doodled on...  The above pieces are all 3x3... this one is 2X4 and so I followed the paint movement and allowed it to be come the sea scape that it is... 
 I love this huge bead/shell looking tangle... and had to use it sometime.. and this seemed logical... so I had a lot of fun with it...  




  


A double auraknot... and put a wreath of flowers around it... need to work on the connection of items... that also has to be a learned process...  so many things to do on such a small piece of paper...  LOVE IT.... 








 This is also a 3x3 piece of paper.  I had fun with this one... I like the way it came out... seems more my style and also have to learn about backgrounds next to each other... thinking things through a little bit more... 
 2.5 x 3.5  ATC card...  a shell sprouting life...  I love the cross marking...  and also the little v's...  so very many unique designs and tangles...  trying to get through using them all..  some are a little bit confusing with the directions... so I will have to practice them a little more...  
 Working this braid and background was really a fun thing...  love the way it turned out... and felt it was a close-up of the back of a chair...  LOL.. 
5x5  paper... but the design is about 3.5 X3.5 ....  I loved these three wreaths when I saw them somewhere...  so very unique... so I had to try my hand at that... and then I added all the other backgrounds...   Love the buttercups in a column...  added a few things of my own...  but just loving this tangling... 
 More tangles... this is also on a 4x4 paper...  


I am using the string on most of these tangles that you see here... and feel good about doing that... 
I also love the use of colored pencils to show the direction of things... and also the boundary's of things...  some of the tangles don't go the way I want them too... but the paper is so small and if I use a little bit larger pen they don't work out correctly.. must get some smaller pens... 

These last two I did earlier this morning... now I have to do some chores... and then maybe I can do some more later on... 

Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and hope you have a nice day... believe it or not, I have a sweater on today... it is chilly and damp... and it has been raining off and on... Our GARDEN is going to explode with goodies...  we are so happy for all this rain that we have gotten in the past couple of days... it is such a relief...  

Have a good day... and enjoy it all...
 Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie   

1 comment:

  1. wow! You really have been busy and learning a lot! Congrats! You are doing fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete