Followers

Monday, July 2, 2012

Collage PLUS tangling!!!

Today is CHALLENGE DAY.... that is for sure...  I love to do challenges, and really like to do one project per challenge... but this week I am combining a few... as I have a lot of other things to do too...  and I really like to do these...  

So here is a project that will go into one of my journals.   I am going to show you the whole process... as I really did have fun making this...  I had sprayed (Dylusion sprays)  some Pretties by Bonnie... and when I was done I had this really nice paper...  I put it aside...  so today I used it to start off my paper...  you can see the flowers  if you look closely... Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge is to use sprays, Stencils, spritz, etc etc... and I did... I also finished off with a nice spritz of Perfect Pearls... love that stuff...   


 I am sorry for the line in this.. but my dial up doesn't always allow me to completely upload pictures without having to redial at least a couple of times... not fun... but just part of my life... so excuse the line...  
I wanted to show you the stencil uses... I love the leaves... 
When using a Stencil and the dabber of PEARL... I get this lovely reaction... which I adore...   Have you ever used it...  if not better get some... it is fun... and the results are GREAT...  
On this area, I have used a number stencil with gold metallic...  love the look of that too...  so many fun things all on one sheet of paper...  

But it didn't stop there.... 
I kept on... as I had a few other challenges that I wanted to add to this paper...  

 So I started to get involved with some Zen Tangle doodling... and I love it... so I decided that this also had to be part of the second challenge for today... and that is My Monthly Mojo... and Sarah, you are so very right... we have to find ourselves...  and when that happens I will let ya'll know...  but for now... I love doing it all... and when I am doing some things it makes me happier than others... I love to put colors onto paper...  and I love to doddle... but that can change at any given minute... I just have to follow what my muse requests that I do at that very minute... LOL... Do I ever know..?? NO... I follow what my inner being tells me to do...  and I try and listen carefully... as sometimes it changes.. .  LOL... but it is always fun for me... and if not, I stop doing it...  I need change all the time... I know that... 
 I love drawing... and I love colors... and I love to mix the two... I also LOVE flowers... but I also love other kinds of things too... so when the mood strikes... I do it... 


A few weeks ago I really went crazy with leaves... and I just wanted to draw leaves... and also color them... so I had to add some to this drawing too... 
 Words... I love adding words to SOME pictures... not all.. but some...  I love just doing things at times... and today was a good day to doodle.... 


Weather wise we are gaining degrees by the minute... it started out fairly nice this morning... as we had a good rain last night... with high winds... and lucky for us... no damage... just a nice watering for all the plants...  So muchly needed... wow... really big time..  but now it is starting to get up to about 90 some odd degrees... not nice...  but I am going to ink some more later... hopefully... anyway... I felt like doodling and that was MY STYLE this morning... 
 Since I have been creating ART for more than 60 years now... I guess I have to say that my inner ART CHILD is still active and doing well...  she really loves to create and get messy...  


But these Zen Tangles are so fun... and I get so wrapped up in them... that I hardly realize that my back is starting to hurt... from the position that I am sitting in... lucky for me I have an inclining table... so I have been on that a few times... pulls me right back into shape... for more tangling...  LOVE IT.... 
 Live in the NOW... BE ME... a few of the mantras that I repeat all the time...  I am trying these zen tangles out, as I am new to this style... so I am 'copying' others forms... but always add in my own too... I love this form of ART!!!!   have you tangled today???   Good yoga for the brain... 
 So you see what I mean about leaves... I love them...  stenciled or drawn...  love them...  Even going up a vine.. or a plant stem... love leaves.   


 All these colors are so rich... bright and GREAT.... Bright has to be IN now... as I am loving it...  and seeing more and more of everywhere I go... even in clothes... have you noticed the changes all around YOU...  
Have you made the changes internally for you yet???  I am in the mood for this change and love it...  I guess it reminds me of the psychedelic colors of the 60's...  my hippie days...   

Sarah also wanted us to comment on why we share our work of art...  well... I love to share and stimulate others to create... and that is also why I teach.... sharing is very important in our world today... Peace has to be felt in order to obtain it on this EARTH MOTHER... and we need that so very much... we don't need more war... or any war... we need LOVE and sharing... and that is my purpose in this life time to do...  I feel that we all need to realize that and start to really put our minds into world PEACE...  we are all one... and need to start to act like it... there is no separation we are all one... and need to love each other... unconditionally too..  
 
 The third challenge is over at ART JOURNAL CAFE...  and it is to use some pieces from Magazines...  not really a favorite... because it is someone else's art... so I have to be really picky about what I add to my art...  it has to be about what I am at the time...  so these are some that I could add...  it took me longer to locate these than to do all the doodling... which was over 2 hours... 
 So there happened to be a Stampington magazine on the table near by me.. so I started to look through a pile of them... got totally absorbed in a few things... and then remembered what I was suppose to be doing.. .LOL.... so I did find a few pictures that were good for me...  One that says  LIFE IS A GAME.... PLAY IT OFTEN.... we need to do that as stated above... 
 I found a really great little section of collage all by its self... and so I used that to fill in a blank zen tangle free area... LOL... 

 And of course I had to add a flower... made with Pretties by Bonnie   digital images... 

So there you have it... a fun picture of all kinds of ME...  the colors... they are me now...  as they represent HOT... it is hot here... and I need to go take a nice COLD shower... then I can use blues and purples...  I am going with the flow... I am ME...  

Hope you are staying cool... and enjoying the day...  
Thanks for stopping by for a visit...  and hope you will come back soon... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie   
 

8 comments:

  1. Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie!!! These art journal pages are so awesome!! Beautiful examples of sprinting and spraying. Love your designs and all the pics you have posted. Thanks for sharing your wonderful art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show? Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Bonnie to included our challege "magazine" in this amazing page, it's so great ! An other thing that I appreciate also is all the explications that you give to us about your creative proces.....woauwwwww !
    Your page is an perfect exemple how to mix together different techniques and making personnal art .... thank you !
    Lechatquitousse, one of the Frappucinos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woweee Bonnie - you had some real fun - love all these wonderful layers of ink and colour - so bright and funky and s much to see - looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in with Simon Says Stamp & Show and with My Mojo Monthly. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the color and pattern! Very fun for my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pages and this work is so awesome. Like it very much. What a great work.
    Lovely greet
    marja
    (marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty work, love the colors and patterns. I haven't really gotten into this style, I feel like I don't know where to begin. Maybe I should just be naughty and buy some dyan reaveley stamps and sprays and get to work ;)

    xo, Kristina
    Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
    Come by and see me sometime!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking great! i can see that you enjoyed yourself creating that page.

    ReplyDelete