Followers

Friday, April 27, 2012

The Snail and the Roses

 FABULOUS FRIDAY!!! 


So many days of the weeks are too... but I love Friday... as I love Linda's Challenges...  so alive... thanks Linda...  
Studio L3 where she uses  
Compendium of Curiosities 2 
book by Tim Holtz as the guide to happiness...  


This week I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do the challenge... as I had to finish prepping for a class tomorrow... but I stayed up late last night... and also got up early this morning and got everything ready... still a few more things... but later!!!!!   So I started to get my hands warmed up with a few roses from the Tattered Pine Cone die cut... LOVE it... just bought it... you all know how I LOVE flowers... so I had to have this one...  


I took some scraps from my white card stock bin and cut out a few.... and made a few just white... love them... (you will see it in a minute...)  and then started to spray them Dylusion sprays that are so WILD... I love these sprays... !!!  They should have been named differently though... DYNO-MITE DYLUSIONS....  They explode on that paper...Anyway... I was totally warm in seconds... and after about 12 of these beauties I was waiting for Linda to post... Pace... pace.... pace... another hour... pace... pace... (actually my neighbor came over and then I had a phone call.. so the pacing was only mental!!!!  is there such a thing???)   


 I had all these pretty flowers and hoped that I would be able to get these into the Challenge that Linda was going to put before us to complete...


Okay... I would just figure out how to use some of them... somehow...
 pinks, yellows, oranges, purples, blues, reds... more and more... I even tried a MELTED CHOCOLATE one...  yikes... so wild... I love these sprays as they mix wonderfully on the paper .... and sometimes I have even been known to pick up a blending tool and pick the puddles of the dye up and spread it around myself... I love getting into it... no matter how...  
 Do I mind inky fingers??? 
Not...  


Love these all.. 


Pace.... pace.... pace... 


 
 I took the white flower and thought I would share these with my class tomorrow...  so here is the white one... with a few lollipop flowers... thanks Sande... and some Pretty by Bonnie leaves...  I am showing how to create this cute little folded paper tomorrow... so the gals will love seeing this too... 

Pace... Pace.... Pace.... 
Maybe I should go look now??? 

Since I am on Dial up.... it does take a few minutes to connect and then get into the program for seeing everything in the world...  

Oh ... it is there... WOW... Marble paper... love creating that kind of paper...  Page 46 of Tim's book... got it... 
Play... play.... Play... 

Love this... messy hands... inky fingers and 
a fun time...  
 And Oh yes... I am going to use my RED Roses... 


Glenn, my sweet hubby of 43 years grows the prettiest roses... and they actually are the old timey roses that SMELL like a ROSE.... Love them... and they are deep RED... oh I have two on the table... so very pretty... so I had to use the RED roses today on my tag...  

I also have just finished the book 
THE SOUND OF A WILD SNAIL EATING.... by Elizabeth Tova Bailey...  and I had to do a few more snail related things... I have a very deep connection to snails...  
 Prior to getting my art degree I was only allowed to use a logo for my work... no name... so I used a SNAIL... my connection is profound though as I had to be born from that shell when I graduated and became a person...  wow.... rebirths are so very strong... and so very wonderful...  


Doing a journal is a rebirth every day that you create in that book...  




 Each day it is like being born... 
WE had 5 goslings born this week too... Chinese White Snow Geese...  they are so pretty... our watch dogs for the farm...  


So I showed a birthing on the tag...  using the shells of a real egg.. (chicken.... but who has to know??? ) 
 I don't know if you can see the beautiful marble paper beneath the stuff on the top... LOL... but it is really pretty...  I used greens, (even though you wouldn't know it... ) and the pink came from stray inks on my work sheet... LOL... but I love it...    I used a very fine black pen to draw the lines around the edge of the tag... and then filled in with my Distress Markers... which I don't know how I ever lived without them...   


I used snow cap dapper on the stamp... (Fantastic flourishes )  and love the look of that on top of my marble...  I colored my snail with the Distress Markers too...Love that White marker... how special is that...  

I used the markers also to add all the little dots around the outer edges of the tag...  

 
These flowers are so fun... I had to show you the depth of these GREAT little flowers...  

The leaves... Pretty by Bonnie...  Hope you will take a look at my new classes that are on line....I have really been busy and having fun is the MAIN GOAL... 
for you and ME... . 

Thanks for taking a look at my tag... and hope that you have a GREAT day... and a super special week-end...  

See you soon... most likely tomorrow... as I have something up for you to see...  I will be working... (having fun... ) at a class...  
See you all soon...  

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

7 comments:

  1. These are absolutely stunning, I can see your love for flowers in your art, beautiful.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful roses and I know all about that pacing, real or mental, I have to wait til 4pm here in Sunny South Africa to get her post! Beautiful entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag and the flowers are drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story of the snail. Your tag is fabulous, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Bonnie, holy cats, these roses are sensational! The tag is beautiful, and so YOU-- elegant and classy and inspiring. These photos took my breath away. You bring so much talent to the CC2C, and I'm delighted to see your posts each week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Your roses are fabulous and your background sets them off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete