Followers

Friday, April 13, 2012

New Challenge opens up!!!

 Compendium, Vol. 2. 
WOW!  I guess we are going to be having a lot of fun with these challenges... 
I happen to have taught a class on this last year... and had a lot of fun with it...  There were so many gals that wanted to take the class that I had to run it for two days...  over 35 gals had fun making boxes and creating flowers with the Tattered floral die Cut... this one we did like on page 66... but I did take it a step further and we made a stencil so that we could stamp over the flower... so very much fun.  
 You can see the over lay a little bit better here in this picture... 


And THEN... of course I had to add a flower... this one was made from Kitchen parchment paper...  with a little bit of Mini mister with some perfect pearls in it.. . Prior to the Perfect pearl misters coming out!!!!  Love those things...  Do you have yours yet???  perfect for so many different occasions... 
AND then I needed a bow to wrap around the box... so I used my Distress inks to get a yummy colored bow by using my work sheet and 'smearing' inks on that to pick up with my seam binding...  love it all... 

Try this fun technique... I guarantee you will realize that the die cuts are not just for ONE thing... there are so many uses for these great things...  

Prior to Linda posting the challenge today for Tim's newest   Compendium, Vol. 2.     On Studio L3.... I had to get warmed up, so I created a few pages in my journal...  (time difference really mounts up... can't waste a precious moment in the studio and not do something...  )  SOoooooooo I played... just what I needed to do too...  

Face Value
 I love drawing faces.. so to get a little warmed up I drew a partial face.. and really wanted to get into the next page though... as I wanted to use some of my new Distress Ink Markers... wow... I love them... one of the reasons why I love them, is that they are gushy... filled with lots of ink... that is super nice... do you ever open up a marker and it is brand new and it seams dry already... or the color doesn't go on smoothly... well these markers do work GREAT... and also another factor is that I know what all the colors look like, so I can use them in the best ways...  
I used the markers on both of these pages.. .
 I yesterday I made some new stamps for an upcoming technique class... and had to cut the leaves out to see how they would look on a page... so I combined the three most important things on my to do list for the day into one page...  

Make a leaf stamp, stamp using it... and cut the leaves out and use them.... 

Then to use my markers.. which I did on the leaves and also on the background paper... and then I made a tag using a die cut and some grunge board...  also used Distress powders on the branch and larger bird... and then added some fluffy green stuff... can't think of the name of it.. Flower something ... for the leaves on the branch...  I will think of when I go back into the studio...  

I also used some stencils and mini misters to create the background on the 'tag'  area...  

Love doing my journal... everyday I try to do a page... today I could do two!!! What a fun experience this all is... love it... 

Well got a few farm chores to do... transplant some tomato plants... and then start planting all over again.. everything that we planted in our gardens got zapped with the heavy frosts we have had the past two nights... we were unable to cover it all... as we had too much planted!!!!  Such a shame... but nature is like that... and we took a chance on planting it all this early...  

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ... and I hope you will stop by Studio L3 for a visit too... and then go to Tim's sites and check them all out too... have a fun day... and create something FUN...
Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie     

9 comments:

  1. Now the stencil is such a clever idea, thanks for that! Off to add it to my arsenal of toys! I seem to remember Tim doing something like that for one of his Christmas tags a few years ago, I had forgotten that trick till now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy and your creations are stunning - I too am taking part and loving it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flower stamping!!!!! Such attractive wrapping paper! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, what a brilliant approach to the CC2C technique! WOW, indeed!!! I want to take your class!

    Everything you posted is wonderful, which does not surprise me because everything you create is wonderful! I'm delighted that you're participating in CC2C-- you are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the way you have interpreted the challenge! Fantastic! and your journal page is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Love your journal pages, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful entry, I love what you have done with the stamp
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! Amazing how you've approached the technique - I'd love to take one of your classes!! Love your journal pages too!
    Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your boxes!!! and i agree.. one can not waste a minute right!!

    ReplyDelete