Followers

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mr Snail

A special page in so many ways...  I have been wanting to do another challenge for Inspiration Journal and this month it is watercolor... a favorite medium for me to use ... and also wanted to try this other technique.... and so I combined them both...  

One the left had side of this journal page... I used my gelatos for create a water color effect... using brown, yellows, and then down to a pale yellow...  I used all kinds of paints (twinkling H20's, Distress stains, Mini misters, Ink pads, Gelatos... you name it) and made a few more leaf stamps using the pink eraser material... and a nice sharp knife!!!!  Love doing these...  I stamped about 100 of them.. so I got carried away... what else is new???  

Then I started to play with the other part of the page... 
I used some egg shells... and even though they were brown eggs, I used the insides of the eggs and glued them onto the paper... (separate piece) and then went to town painting, misting and adding gold Twinkling H20's... and making this really yummy background... 

Then I took some other leaves and a snail and watercolored them with H20's also..  I love these watercolor paints... as they have the mica in them too... always makes everything pop and shine when they are dry... love them.  

Okay... the snail... the meaning of the snail was that in college when I was an art student I was not allowed to use my name until I got my degree... so I used a snail as it was easy to 'sign' my name using any size brush to create the snail logo... so thus the snail.. but I read this really cute little short story that was just a passage from a book... the book is called   ... are you ready for this... 

The Sound of a Wild Snail EATING.... by Elisabeth Tova Bailey...  
If you get a chance... read it... wonderful story... all about her healing and also becoming friends with a SNAIL.... so very unique and loving... Get the book...   Love it...  

Well my story for the day... a true one in so many different areas... and all about healing, loving our own spaces...  and enjoying who, where and what we are not matter where we are at this time... Love yourself.  A very hard thing to do at times... but we must all move into this direction...  

Hope to see you tomorrow... and thanks so very much for stopping by for a visit today... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I do so hope some of these nifty techniques will be in the May 12 class. Have gelatos, not used yet. I meant to call SBC today, got busy, forgot. Got to do on Monday! Happy Sunday, and TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you your page and story made me smile

    ReplyDelete