Followers

Monday, April 23, 2012

Our Earth Mohter needs us...

 Last night my husband and I watch a documentary on TV... it was called BAG IT!!! Almost to the verge of depressing... but so true that we had to watch it... the show was basically talking about single use of  plastics... which we Americans really don't watch at all...  when you buy a bottle of soda, and you 'recycle' the bottle... it is turned into something else that is really going to end up in the land fill anyway... so is it really recycled at all????  Other countries will re-use that bottle until it basically is not usable...  again and again... and it will say on the bottle how many times it has been used... where are we in our brains??? We really need to wake up and start to HONOR OUR EARTH....   IN ALL WAYS.... 
Medical doctors are finding that we as humans have plastics in our bodies because we even use these products that are 'stored' in the plastics... so are some of the sea foods that you eat...... so we really have to jump on this NOW... our kids are coming out with diabetes, ADHD... ADD and so on... all from these plastics...  we need to watch what we buy... and how it 'disposed' of it .... Plastic bags are a huge biggy...  if you can watch this show, which I am sure it will be repeated many times on the documentary channels... watch it... it will amaze you... we need to clean up...  


While watching this show, I was sketching... and this MOTHER EARTH appeared...  so I kept her in my sketch book... but then this morning I see that Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge is to do something with a WORD... I had to do this one... I just feel the need to spread the word...  as I also clean up my act a little more than I already live...  and even if only one person listens to what I have written it will be worth it...  I feel very impassioned over this situation that we have helped to create...  we are guilty.. we need to clean up the earth...  and HONOR THE EARTH... not to distroy her... get others to follow through on this too... every day should be EARTH DAY... not just once a year...  


Okay... I am off my soap box for now... ??? maybe... 


My Earth Mother looks a little toxic... and she is... but her lavender eyes tell it all... 
I did add the color this morning... and felt that the lavender was the right color to use...  


Anyway... I love these new Distress Pens... I can do so very many things with them... they came in a plastic tube that they will stay in... and when I have to get a new pen.. I will find a way to recycle this old one... believe me I will...  

I love this Mother Earth... and even though the challenge is one word... and I used three... I think that the thought is one... HELP!!!  

I am going to be cleaning up my act in my studio today... and hope that I can find homes for the things that I need to... I will be recycling and re-using all my plastic bags...  they are going into my car the first thing... and my plastic bag of garbage will be reviewed again to see what else I can get out of there to reuse in another way...  that will be my day today...  and most likely it will continue for a long time... I am trying more every day to HONOR the EARTH and have even stopped driving as much...  

Hope you too can Honor the EARTH in some way today and make it continue for a LONG time...  Thanks for stopping by.. and hope to see you tomorrow...  

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

4 comments:

  1. I love her leafy hair!! Such a cool design! : )

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
    *Sign up for our Newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie....great heartfelt commentary! I am so envious of people who can sketch like you have done. I really like your design and how you've colorized Mother Earth. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. RESPECT!!! For your card which so perfectly reflects your feelings and for your passion for our mother earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie...what a WONDERFUL sketch and great use of your Distress Markers!!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete